Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#593957 01/02/18 05:06 PM
D
dipper Offline OP
Trialist
OP Offline
Trialist
D
Am I the only one who doesnt understand why we dont go for a decent goalkeeper?
Mr Shankly and Bob Paisley buit their teams on a solid defence starting with a goalkeeper and here we are with two clowns who I wouldnt trust in the grandsons team.
We go out and get a two/three goal lead only for it to go down the pan.
We would be up the with City if it wasnt for elementery goalkeeping errors

dipper #593960 01/02/18 05:43 PM
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
We used to win leagues with a keeper who would throw them in the net for little brown envelopes, luckily we had a solid defence and the back pasd rule hadn't changed then.

dipper #593966 01/02/18 07:09 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By dipper
Mr Shankly and Bob Paisley buit their teams on a solid defence starting with a goalkeeper and here we are with two clowns who I wouldnt trust in the grandsons team.

No you're not.

dipper #593971 01/02/18 07:47 PM
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Originally Posted By dipper

No you're certainly not. Personally, I believe Klopp's judgement and team selections have cost us more points than both keepers combined.

dipper #593977 01/02/18 08:15 PM
H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Klopp thinks they're both world class, in fact he thinks they're both so good he can't make up his mind which of them he prefers. It's interesting because he seems to have the same problem with defenders, can't make up his mind between Lovern or Matip for centre back, can't make up his mind between TAA and Gomez for Right full back, and can't make up his mind between Robinson and Moreno for left full back.. But he's dead certain there's no better to be found anywhere! The other thing he seems dead certain of, is that no team should ever play with a striker! He's also very sure that it's better to weaken your side in the midst of the season and trophy pursuit, than it is to strengthen it! Funny man is our Klopp'o.

Kano #596664 22/02/18 04:46 PM
D
dipper Offline OP
Trialist
OP Offline
Trialist
D
That was Sprake

dipper #596908 26/02/18 09:43 AM
V
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
V
Liverpool handed massive transfer boost as £62m top target prefers Anfield move over Real MadridBy Matthew Barrick on February 26.

It is no secret that Liverpool are on the lookout for a new goalkeeper this summer. The lacklustre displays of Simon Mignolet and Loris Karius have been too much to handle and we have been linked with AS Roma sensation Alisson Becker. And if latest rumours are to be believed, Becker has made moving to Anfield his “top priority”.

As per a report from The Mirror, Alisson has expressed a desire to move to the Premier League and Liverpool is where he wants to be.

European giants Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain are also interested in the £62m but the fact that he wants to move to Liverpool ahead of these two clubs should be reason enough for Jurgen Klopp to prepare a move. The 25-year-old shot-stopper is blessed with lightning-fast reflexes and he displays commendable composure and mental strength in goal – qualities which have been missing from our goalkeepers this season.

He has maintained a whopping 14 clean sheets for the Italian club this season and given his power, there is no doubt that he could prove to be an incredible signing for us.

We have struggled at the back for a good majority of the season so far but our back line has improved considerably and now if we can acquire Alisson’s signature during the summer transfer window, there is no limit to what he can achieve the next season.

Our attack has been incredible this time and if we continue this way, we could pose a serious title challenge next term. From what I have seen of Alisson game this season, he is a talent worth splashing the cash on and he is definitely worth targetting this summer.

Now that he reportedly holds Liverpool ahead of his other suitors, Klopp must do everything he can to actively pursue a deal for him once the season comes to an end. Our challenges will only intensify from here on and to have a reliable player in goal will certainly boost our chances.

dipper #597616 06/03/18 04:10 PM
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
I'm bumping this one after Karius' performances recently.

I think he has improved massively, and I'm impressed. This weekend stood out to me because he did that rare thing that top class goal keepers do: be bored and have f*ck all to do until one split second and pull out a world class save.

Mignolet was fine if we were under the kosh and had lots of saves to make, but he didn't have the concentration a keeper needs at a top club.

Karius is still very much auditioning for the rest of the season, but I think he's starting to show how good he really is.

dipper #597623 06/03/18 06:43 PM
M
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
M
I done a positive thread on him a while back. He's been fantastic in recent weeks and looks more and more confident. Part of the reason may be van Dijk. It may just be Karius but either way he deserves a season to see if he can save the club about 60million replacing him with the Brazilian Allison.

dipper #597626 06/03/18 07:16 PM
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Karius had two problems when he started: our backline was shambolic, and he wasn't used to the physicality or speed of the league.

We took him out of the fire to let him adapt, and we got a top rate CB to give him some protection, and it looks to have paid off.

I'm not even nervous with crosses coming in anymore. He's strengthened up a lot, and our distribution form the back has gotten much better.

Kano #597646 06/03/18 08:37 PM
T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
Originally Posted By Kano
We used to win leagues with a keeper who would throw them in the net for little brown envelopes, luckily we had a solid defence and the back pasd rule hadn't changed then.

Really? I though he was cleared of those charges.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
redordead13 #597689 07/03/18 02:43 PM
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Originally Posted By redordead13

I think he has improved massively, and I'm impressed. This weekend stood out to me because he did that rare thing that top class goal keepers do: be bored and have f*ck all to do until one split second and pull out a world class save.

Mignolet was fine if we were under the kosh and had lots of saves to make, but he didn't have the concentration a keeper needs at a top club.

Karius is still very much auditioning for the rest of the season, but I think he's starting to show how good he really is.

I wonder if you are you still of this opinion after last nights performance?

Karius has benefited from not being tested in games but last night, his failings were on show again and no, he hasn't improved.

Last edited by TrueRed; 07/03/18 02:43 PM.
TrueRed #597695 07/03/18 06:20 PM
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By TrueRed

Karius has benefited from not being tested in games but last night, his failings were on show again and no, he hasn't improved.

I've been clamoring for him to get a run of games all year.

He's young and he's not perfect, but he's improved massively. I am happy to see him play some more games.

Nothing stuck out as terrible last night to me, no.

dipper #597701 07/03/18 06:33 PM
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Perhaps you can clarify those failings for me?

dipper #597705 07/03/18 07:05 PM
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
He kept another clean sheet (most in the CL), came off his line quick to deal wiht danger, and made a couple decent saves, but he mostly had F*ck all to do.

Every site I've looked at gave him a 7/10 mostly because he had little to do. What failings are you referring to? Failing to let the ball in the net?

redordead13 #597707 07/03/18 07:50 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Klopp obviously saw something in karius we didn't and he is a good judge on of talent. Last few games karius is showing promise remember de gea was a turkey when he first started for united

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Klopp obviously saw something in karius we didn't and he is a good judge on of talent. Last few games karius is showing promise remember de gea was a turkey when he first started for united

He was one of the best Goalkeepers in Germany before we bought him. My best friend is Bavarian and a huge Bayern fan, and he told me Karius was the heir to Neur's throne. He's not easily impressed either.

I am impressed with his improvement. Hopefully it continues.

TrueRed #597757 08/03/18 10:36 AM
L
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
L

What game did you watch ?
What failings he had?

And it is a totally wrong statement if you said he has not being tested in recent games.

I can remember at least a few good saves in recent games:-
a PK save vs Spurs and off the line quickly to save an one-on-one in the same game
two very good saves againts Arnatuvic
one incredible saves against Diame shots

I believe his good saves are much more than above but I just highlighted some for your easy reference.

Besides, I think he had two good game versus Porto too (both away/home). He came off the line very quickly and cleared a lot of through balls.

redordead13 #597758 08/03/18 10:38 AM
L
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
L

He was one of the best Goalkeepers in Germany before we bought him. My best friend is Bavarian and a huge Bayern fan, and he told me Karius was the heir to Neur's throne. He's not easily impressed either.

I watch Bundesliga almost every week and I am a great fan of Karius too. He was really great at Mainz. He simply has the potential.

Liverotto #597759 08/03/18 10:43 AM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Liverotto

I watch Bundesliga almost every week and I am a great fan of Karius too. He was really great at Mainz. He simply has the potential.

Was that for more than one season? I think he was the 2nd best GK after Neuer the season before he joined us, but for how many seasons has he been at that level?

dipper #597761 08/03/18 10:50 AM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
At least we know he has that potential in him Vish ,never saw any in Mign.

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
redordead13 #597764 08/03/18 11:02 AM
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
He kept another clean sheet (most in the CL), came off his line quick to deal wiht danger, and made a couple decent saves, but he mostly had F*ck all to do.

Every site I've looked at gave him a 7/10 mostly because he had little to do. What failings are you referring to? Failing to let the ball in the net?

Do you really think I am going to engage in a discussion with you when your talking to me like an arrogant pr ick?

Liverotto #597767 08/03/18 11:28 AM
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player

What failings he had?

And it is a totally wrong statement if you said he has not being tested in recent games.

a PK save vs Spurs and off the line quickly to save an one-on-one in the same game

I believe his good saves are much more than above but I just highlighted some for your easy reference.

Besides, I think he had two good game versus Porto too (both away/home). He came off the line very quickly and cleared a lot of through balls.

The clean sheet flatters to deceive. Bigging up Karius because he kept a clean sheet when Porto only managed 1 shot on target, really? Ffsk

I thought he struggled under pressure and had Porto been more clinical in their finishing this would be a much different discussion.

Karius is as good a keeper as Gomez is a left back. Yes he has improved. The bravado has stopped but he's nowhere near the finished article. I think he's much more of a confidence player than Migs and I don't see him ever winning man of the match for his performance. Who know's if he'll get better. But why do we have to wait?

On a different note, what is it with this group? Offer a different opinion and the keyboard warriors come out to gang rape you with exclamation marks.

lumba #597768 08/03/18 11:30 AM
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Originally Posted By lumba
At least we know he has that potential in him Vish ,never saw any in Mign.

... and being 30yo, he's the finished article now. Would like to keep him as a No 2 though.

L
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
L
Originally Posted By TiredReds
[quote=Liverotto][quote=redordead13][quote=Stanley Park]

Was that for more than one season? I think he was the 2nd best GK after Neuer the season before he joined us, but for how many seasons has he been at that level?

He is just 24 even now but he have played for 3 seasons in bundesliga before he joined us.

He was one of the most promising goalkeeper before he joined us. He had quite good performance in his three seasons. (Actually, you can tell, no one would give him the number 1 position at 20 if he was not good, right?) He was consider one of the most promising goalkeeper in bundesliga long before his last season at Mainz.

Besides, may be someone may think he saved Kane's goal just by luck, he actually has a very high penalty saving rate, I believed it is over 34% and it ranked as 16 or 17 highest in Europe. And he has a very low errors led to goals ratio in bundesliga too.

Sometimes, I think it is amazing that as a lot of people wrote him off by merely judging his performance of 10 games (Yes, he just played for 10 games last season and every one said he is shxt and cant perform) that he played for us last season.

Come on, he is very young as a goalkeeper and he came to a club with great pressure like us and also need to adapt a much more physical style of play. Also, he get injured in the pre-season when he joined us which I supposed may affect his form.

He is getting the confidence right now and you can clearly see the potential in him. I believe we should give him more time to settle.

dipper #597775 08/03/18 11:48 AM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
For some reason Mign probably thinks he more than a back up keeper.
I'm still a long way off being convinced that Karius is the future but credit where its due, he along with the rest of the defence have calmed the fukkk down,albiet in games where they haven't had a lot to do,he's kept his concentration and his positioning and distribution have been OK. let's hope he don't shittt himself against Man u.

Last edited by lumba; 08/03/18 11:52 AM.

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
Liverotto #597777 08/03/18 11:58 AM
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player

He is just 24 even now but he have played for 3 seasons in bundesliga before he joined us.

He was one of the most promising goalkeeper before he joined us. He had quite good performance in his three seasons. (Actually, you can tell, no one would give him the number 1 position at 20 if he was not good, right?) He was consider one of the most promising goalkeeper in bundesliga long before his last season at Mainz.

Besides, may be someone may think he saved Kane's goal just by luck, he actually has a very high penalty saving rate, I believed it is over 34% and it ranked as 16 or 17 highest in Europe. And he has a very low errors led to goals ratio in bundesliga too.

Sometimes, I think it is amazing that as a lot of people wrote him off by merely judging his performance of 10 games (Yes, he just played for 10 games last season and every one said he is shxt and cant perform) that he played for us last season.

Come on, he is very young as a goalkeeper and he came to a club with great pressure like us and also need to adapt a much more physical style of play. Also, he get injured in the pre-season when he joined us which I supposed may affect his form.

He is getting the confidence right now and you can clearly see the potential in him. I believe we should give him more time to settle.

This is a great post to support a trainee with potential touting his CV but some of us believe we shouldn't have any trainees in the 1st team, especially not a keeper.

Karius was judged by everyone (including Klopp) when he came into the 1st team last year and cost us 6 points and was then dropped because he was crap.

TrueRed #597779 08/03/18 12:18 PM
L
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
L
[quote=redordead13]

What failings he had?

The clean sheet flatters to deceive. Bigging up Karius because he kept a clean sheet when Porto only managed 1 shot on target, really? Ffsk

I thought he struggled under pressure and had Porto been more clinical in their finishing this would be a much different discussion.

Karius is as good a keeper as Gomez is a left back. Yes he has improved. The bravado has stopped but he's nowhere near the finished article. I think he's much more of a confidence player than Migs and I don't see him ever winning man of the match for his performance. Who know's if he'll get better. But why do we have to wait?

On a different note, what is it with this group? Offer a different opinion and the keyboard warriors come out to gang rape you with exclamation marks.

You said he had failings versus Porto, what was that?

And you judge a goalkeeper merely by number of saves?

Come on, did you see him get off the line very quickly to clear a lot of through ball when he versus porto?

He had 4 clean sheets out of his last 5 appearances. He had a few really good saves in those games, too.

dipper #597852 08/03/18 10:45 PM
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Karius has looked good, my concern is are there enough games left (9+CL) to really prove without doubt he is good enough to be number 1 next season?

Migs isn't good enough, I expect he will move on, so do we buy a top class keeper for £50+ million to be number 1, or do we buy a number 2 to keep the pressure on Karius but not replace him? I think if we buy a top class keeper Karius will want a move as he wants to be number 1.

Klopp is quite a loyal manager, if you are committed and put the effort in, showing improvement, Klopp will back you, I'm just not convinced we will know Karius is good enough at the end of this season, so it's a gamble to stick with him for another season, if we want to challenge, we need a top quality keeper, like our rivals have.

ecnirp98 #597864 09/03/18 12:51 AM
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Karius has looked good, my concern is are there enough games left (9+CL) to really prove without doubt he is good enough to be number 1 next season?

Migs isn't good enough, I expect he will move on, so do we buy a top class keeper for £50+ million to be number 1, or do we buy a number 2 to keep the pressure on Karius but not replace him? I think if we buy a top class keeper Karius will want a move as he wants to be number 1.

Klopp is quite a loyal manager, if you are committed and put the effort in, showing improvement, Klopp will back you, I'm just not convinced we will know Karius is good enough at the end of this season, so it's a gamble to stick with him for another season, if we want to challenge, we need a top quality keeper, like our rivals have.

i havent really seen anything in him to suggest his going to become a de gea or even a raina(we he was good)

Liverotto #597865 09/03/18 12:52 AM
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

thanks for that . makes me feel a little better about his chances. would you say he has gone backwards in terms of ability?

TrueRed #597866 09/03/18 01:45 AM
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad

Do you really think I am going to engage in a discussion with you when your talking to me like an arrogant pr ick?

Mighty sensitive, aren't we? Grow a thicker skin, bud. It was a fairly harmless joke, pointing out the fact that you haven't backed up your claim. You claim that his performance is so obviously bad that I should change my mind, but you fail to point out a single thing he actually did wrong.

Later when others say he had a good game, you claim it doesn't count because he had nothing to do. Which is it? Having a controversial or different opinion is fine, but substantiate it with some facts.

dipper #597867 09/03/18 01:59 AM
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
This season, his save percentage is 68% which is equal to to Courtois and better than LLoris (67%). His saves per goal ratio was trash last season (1.07), but it has gone up to 1.88 which is much better.

He has the most clean sheets in the CL this season, and he has made 0 errors leading to a goal this year. He has 10 clean sheets in his last 16 appearances, and in the 19 he's made this year, we have only lost 1 game.

Recently in particular, as his confidence has grown, he's only conceded 3 goals in his last 7 games, kept 5 clean sheets. In only 2 of his 19 games has he given up more than one goal in a match: against City, and Spurs. And in the Spurs game we conceded 2 penalties, one of which he saved. To me that suggests improvement.

Could I be wrong? Sure, but if am, show me the facts you are interpreting to get to that conclusion.

ecnirp98 #597868 09/03/18 02:03 AM
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad

Maybe it is a gamble, but he's played 19 games this season. He's guaranteed a minimum of 11 more, so that would be 30 games. That's pretty close to a full season. If his numbers look like they do now at the end, I'd say Klopp knows enough to make a decision.

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Originally Posted By *** Suso ***

i havent really seen anything in him to suggest his going to become a de gea or even a raina(we he was good)

Exactly.

TrueRed #597910 09/03/18 12:44 PM
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E

Exactly.

He's looked good since Klopp brought him back as number 1, GK is hard to judge as they are often not used much, but then when needed, they need to be alert and ready, that's where Migs often failed. The defense also looks allot more settled and confident, VvD has helped with that, but that also helps the GK.

Look at Karius in the last game where he did the save against Newcastle and tipped it on the bar, if that was Migs it would probably have been a goal to Newcastle at a key moment of the game.

This weekend will be a big test for him again Man Utd, lets see how he does.

ecnirp98 #597916 09/03/18 01:15 PM
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player

Exactly.

He's looked good since Klopp brought him back as number 1, GK is hard to judge as they are often not used much, but then when needed, they need to be alert and ready, that's where Migs often failed. The defense also looks allot more settled and confident, VvD has helped with that, but that also helps the GK.

Look at Karius in the last game where he did the save against Newcastle and tipped it on the bar, if that was Migs it would probably have been a goal to Newcastle at a key moment of the game.

This weekend will be a big test for him again Man Utd, lets see how he does.

The irony is that I don't think he will be tested in these kind of games. We know Maureen will park the bus, so there will only be a handful of shots on target from Man U.

Yes, Karius has made some good saves but nothing more than what I would expect from a keeper of ours. Let's be honest, it's not hard for Karius to impress considering how low his own 'bar' level was when he first came into the team.

Like you said. What we really need more games where the 'new' Karius has proved himself to been the difference between us winning or loosing because he hasn't had that many games so far.

I personally think Karius cost us the Spurs game when Eriksen's cross from the left was palmed clear by him into the path of Wanyama.

But that's football I guess.

TrueRed #597921 09/03/18 01:23 PM
C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C

I personally think Karius cost us the Spurs game when Eriksen's cross from the left was palmed clear by him into the path of Wanyama.

Extremely harsh. He saved a penalty and made a crucial save from Son when he was clean through in that game.

The Wanyama hit was a one in a thousand but if you want to blame someone it should be Oxlade-Chamberlain who ducked out of challenging Wanyama as he approached the ball to strike it. If Ox had leaned in to him or even tried to put him off, it wouldn't have gone in.

TrueRed #597925 09/03/18 01:29 PM
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
[quote=ecnirp98][quote=TrueRed][quote=*** Suso ***]
The irony is that I don't think he will be tested in these kind of games. We know Maureen will park the bus, so there will only be a handful of shots on target from Man U.

Yes, Karius has made some good saves but nothing more than what I would expect from a keeper of ours. Let's be honest, it's not hard for Karius to impress considering how low his own 'bar' level was when he first came into the team.

Like you said. What we really need more games where the 'new' Karius has proved himself to been the difference between us winning or loosing because he hasn't had that many games so far.

Yeah, Wanyama's shot was abit special to be fair, but I agree about not pushing it out.

My concern is we are going to commit to Karius next season if he does well for 9 games, which could really affect next season if he loses confidence again, If we're going for the title, I think we need a quality proven keeper over a few seasons, Karius can be number 2 for the future.

Look at how ruthless Pep was with his keepers, he binned off Hart much to the shock our press for the England keeper, then bought a replacement he knew from Barca, binned him off for a better keeper in Edison, now they have a top keeper helping them win the PL, so we need to show the same attitude.

Chris2402 #597941 09/03/18 02:37 PM
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Originally Posted By Chris2402

Extremely harsh. He saved a penalty and made a crucial save from Son when he was clean through in that game.

The Wanyama hit was a one in a thousand but if you want to blame someone it should be Oxlade-Chamberlain who ducked out of challenging Wanyama as he approached the ball to strike it. If Ox had leaned in to him or even tried to put him off, it wouldn't have gone in.

Pen's are 50/50. Saving one is luck.

Palming the cross was a judgement of error, a mistake that cost a goal and 2 points. Good keepers don't palm crosses into the box.

ecnirp98 #597942 09/03/18 02:41 PM
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
[quote=ecnirp98][quote=TrueRed][quote=*** Suso ***]

Yeah, Wanyama's shot was abit special to be fair, but I agree about not pushing it out.

My concern is we are going to commit to Karius next season if he does well for 9 games, which could really affect next season if he loses confidence again, If we're going for the title, I think we need a quality proven keeper over a few seasons, Karius can be number 2 for the future.

Look at how ruthless Pep was with his keepers, he binned off Hart much to the shock our press for the England keeper, then bought a replacement he knew from Barca, binned him off for a better keeper in Edison, now they have a top keeper helping them win the PL, so we need to show the same attitude.

I completely agree., I couldn't have put it better myself.

TrueRed #597946 09/03/18 03:35 PM
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad

Palming the cross was a judgement of error, a mistake that cost a goal and 2 points. Good keepers don't palm crosses into the box.

That's not true. It's about reflexes, agility, and doing your homework. It's the hardest thing a keeper can do, and he's quite good at it.

And the clearance is not how you make it out at all. Watch it again. Firstly, it was a strong clearance that cleared the box. Secondly, it made it to a Liverpool player first: Can. Can had time, but he either miscontrolled it or decided to flick it behind himself without looking. Either way, it's Can's error, and the shot was 30 yards out and an absolute screamer.

His penalty save kept us in that game, it was our backline panicking and the ref's questionable decisions that cost us.

Last edited by redordead13; 09/03/18 03:35 PM.
TrueRed #597950 09/03/18 04:19 PM
C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C

Saving a penalty isn't luck, especially to not move and predict that the striker is going to shoot down the middle of the goal, which is what happened.

I'm not sure how you've worked out that this 'mistake' cost us 2 points. Spurs got 2 penalties after the Wanyama equaliser.

He also didn't palm the ball into the box, it cleared the area with ease.

dipper #597959 09/03/18 05:37 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I used to stand ever so slightly right of center giving the pen taker a bigger target to my better diving side,amazing how many times it worked.

L
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
L

thanks for that . makes me feel a little better about his chances. would you say he has gone backwards in terms of ability?

I wont say his ability gone backwards, but sometimes, being in a new league, playing with new teammates, people around you questioning your abilities and affecting your confidence, playing with a bigger club with more expectations and pressure, being get back from injured, all of the above will affect the performance of a goalkeeper.

Chris2402 #598021 10/03/18 05:45 AM
L
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
L

Saving a penalty isn't luck, especially to not move and predict that the striker is going to shoot down the middle of the goal, which is what happened.

I'm not sure how you've worked out that this 'mistake' cost us 2 points. Spurs got 2 penalties after the Wanyama equaliser.

Yes, expecially he had a overall above 34% penalty saving rate in his entire careers (with 20+ saving attempts).
I think if it is just because of luck, then he is really a very lucky guy.

TrueRed #598022 10/03/18 05:48 AM
L
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
L
[quote=ecnirp98][quote=TrueRed][quote=*** Suso ***][quote=ecnirp98]

He hasnt been tested?

How about those shots made by Arnatuvic?
The shot made by Diame?
The penalty shots by Kane?

Are you saying that all those are easy saves?

Besides, you still didnt tell us what are those failings in Porto games.

dipper #598069 10/03/18 01:25 PM
A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
I think he has improved tremendously. But until we win 1-0 away at Scumchester or Chelsea and he is clearly MOTM we will never really know.
If he plays well until end of season and we go a bit further in CL then spending £60m on a new keeper who could take half a dozen or more games to bed in is a massive gamble.
However I think Klopp knows the answer already. It is so easy to unsettle a keeper. Look at Joe Hart and Mignolet for example. And Cech looks rubbish with the dodgy Arsenal back 4. I
On the other side of the coin is bigging up your keeper at every opportunity. De Gea worth 10points a season on his own. Looks not far behind. Karius and the lad at City probably look good due to the defence in front of them.
Our goalkeeper doesn't have to be a world beater but has to have belief in himself to perform well every week. We haven't had that for a long long time.

Chris2402 #598114 10/03/18 06:56 PM
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player

OK, I was being way too generous. Saving a pen is not 50/50, probably 30/70 meaning a keeper will, on average, save 3 in 10 at most in the modern game, regardless of what research they do. You obviously disagree but to me, saving a pen with these odds is blind luck ! #imnoracistvish

Last edited by TrueRed; 10/03/18 06:59 PM.
Liverotto #598115 10/03/18 07:03 PM
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player

He hasnt been tested?

The shot made by Diame?

What's the point? More chance of hezbollha holding a barmittzpha than convincing you of anything I have to say. #imnoracistvish

TrueRed #598118 10/03/18 07:15 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

He hasnt been tested?

The shot made by Diame?

What's the point? More chance of hezbollha holding a barmittzpha than convincing you of anything I have to say. #imnoracistvish

Talking from your shyte hole again, right?

TrueRed #598125 10/03/18 07:44 PM
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad

He hasnt been tested?

The shot made by Diame?

So you had nothing really to say about it in the first place, then? You were talking sh*te, got called out, and have nothing to substantiate your point, so you're taking digs at other posters to distract from the fact that you have no argument.

Sidebar, if you need a hashtag to try to convince people you aren't racist, you probably need to take a look at what you said to create the reaction in the first place.

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player

Talking from your shyte hole again, right?

oooo look everybody, Vish has a new phrase he can use !!!! (now he knows the meaning)

Has your account been hacked or something because you were once an 'alright' contributor to this this forum. Adult and objective in your views but following on from your childishness and insults, you now not only top the 30 day Posters list but also my more prestigious, personal 'bell end' list..... congratulations!! (just ask around if you don't know what 'bell end' means as we know you have limited grasp of some of the phrases being used here)

Rest assured Vish, like with others here, including Petal the Ghost, I will not be replying to any questions you may ask of me. Something you might want to consider before you go all 'snowflake' on any future posts I make.

Oh, and as I said Petal the Ghost, I will still be hanging around here no matter what insults or bullying tactics you care to adopt.

#imnoracistvish

dipper #598367 12/03/18 11:00 PM
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Who is Petal the Ghost supposed to be?

dipper #598368 12/03/18 11:10 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I still think we need a keeper.

#598379 13/03/18 12:37 AM
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Originally Posted By sixtiesred
This is why the butland links imo

AS Roma seem to be preparing for life without their exceptional no.1 Alisson, who as we know, is a Liverpool target.

L’Equipe, translated by Sport Witness, say that 19-year-old Toulouse starter Alban Lafont is being targeted by the Italian giants.

The French stopper has emerged as one of the most promising young keepers in Europe this term and could replace Alisson for the Serie A side.

SEE MORE:
Liverpool 2/1 favourites to sign giant Italian phenomenon

The fact Roma are already looking to buy a goalkeeper suggests they don’t believe Alisson will be at the Stadio Olimpico next season.

L’Equipe state we’re frontrunners for the 25-year-old’s signature, although negotiating with Roma won’t be easy after we acquired Mo Salah for a paltry £37m in 2017.

For that reason, they’ll likely slap an extreme price-tag on Alisson’s shoulders.

We’ve also been linked with Gianluigi Donnarumma, but find this harder to believe because his agent is Mino Raiola, an unsavoury man who has a terrible relationship with Jurgen Klopp.

Alisson is the more experienced, and in our opinion, better keeper, anyway.

Loris Karius is improved, but the chance to sign a truly world-class goalie shouldn’t be turned down.
this sums it up perfectly. if a world class player is for sale and we have the chance of buying them then we shouldnt hesitate

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
This is why the butland links imo

AS Roma seem to be preparing for life without their exceptional no.1 Alisson, who as we know, is a Liverpool target.

L’Equipe, translated by Sport Witness, say that 19-year-old Toulouse starter Alban Lafont is being targeted by the Italian giants.

The French stopper has emerged as one of the most promising young keepers in Europe this term and could replace Alisson for the Serie A side.

SEE MORE:
Liverpool 2/1 favourites to sign giant Italian phenomenon

The fact Roma are already looking to buy a goalkeeper suggests they don’t believe Alisson will be at the Stadio Olimpico next season.

L’Equipe state we’re frontrunners for the 25-year-old’s signature, although negotiating with Roma won’t be easy after we acquired Mo Salah for a paltry £37m in 2017.

For that reason, they’ll likely slap an extreme price-tag on Alisson’s shoulders.

We’ve also been linked with Gianluigi Donnarumma, but find this harder to believe because his agent is Mino Raiola, an unsavoury man who has a terrible relationship with Jurgen Klopp.

Alisson is the more experienced, and in our opinion, better keeper, anyway.

Loris Karius is improved, but the chance to sign a truly world-class goalie shouldn’t be turned down.
this sums it up perfectly. if a world class player is for sale and we have the chance of buying them then we shouldnt hesitate

That's fair. I would accept Allison over Karius. I wouldn't accept Butland.

#598412 13/03/18 03:52 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Is it wilks based on avatar ?

Probably. Not sure it's to do with my avatar from the Goonies but more to do with the fact that I've picked him up on a lot of the shitte he's posted in the past.

The funny thing is, the boy who cries snowflake shows an awful lot of snowflake tendancies.

dipper #598417 13/03/18 04:51 PM
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
I don't get the use of the words "World Class" for prospects?
Is Alison World Class? What has he done to earn that tag?

World Class to me is somebody with a list of winning honours.

Pickles #598418 13/03/18 05:01 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles

I fear you may have just started you know who off on this one grin

wilkij1975 #598419 13/03/18 05:17 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I would stick with karius for next season even buying a new so called world class keeper is still a gamble if karius continues his progress we might be onto a winner it's worth the gamble

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
dipper #598430 13/03/18 08:23 PM
H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Am I the only one that considers Karius to be badly poisoned for Rashfords two identical goals

Pickles #598444 13/03/18 09:48 PM
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Pickles

He's the Brazilian Number 1 keeper, keeping out Edisson, so he much be top class, but I agree, to be World Class he needs to win trophies.

dipper #598452 13/03/18 10:29 PM
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
He's one of the top rated keepers in Europe. Ederson or LLoris or De Gea hadn't won much before they moved.

C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C
Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58
Am I the only one that considers Karius to be badly poisoned for Rashfords two identical goals

Are you being serious? The first one was a hell of a strike that went straight into the corner, no keeper is saving that! The second one was a scuffed mishit that wrong footed Karius so I don't think you can blame him for that one either.

If you are looking for something to blame it should be the defending in the build up to both!

Last edited by Chris2402; 14/03/18 08:35 AM.
dipper #600389 09/04/18 08:27 AM
L
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
L
So a few months after Karius being promoted as the first choice now.

Has anyone changed their mind on him yet?

I am a believer of his ability from day 1 and I would say he started to show what he was capable to do in Bundesliga.

He had a few decent games and decent saves recently. You can feel his confidence level is growing. He is calm to rush out and catch the crosses and actively coming out the line to clear dangers.

People said he didnt make saves but that was wrong.
His saves are quite important in our last few games and he kept a lot of clean sheets during those games.

Liverotto #600390 09/04/18 08:47 AM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
So a few months after Karius being promoted as the first choice now.

Has anyone changed their mind on him yet?

I am a believer of his ability from day 1 and I would say he started to show what he was capable to do in Bundesliga.

He had a few decent games and decent saves recently. You can feel his confidence level is growing. He is calm to rush out and catch the crosses and actively coming out the line to clear dangers.

People said he didnt make saves but that was wrong.
His saves are quite important in our last few games and he kept a lot of clean sheets during those games.

Yes he has improved a lot as the whole defence actually. Moreno and Lovren were the weak links as everybody has been saying for a while. The problem is that in Jan we reinforced the defence but weakened the attack with Coutinho not replace, it's like a never ending story. Don't know when we'll strengthen everywhere.

dipper #600392 09/04/18 08:59 AM
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Pepe Reina's Monaco contract is up in the summer, I'd sell Mignolet and bring Reina back as cover and a mentor/coach to Karius.
Looking longterm get Pepe to do his Coaching badges and keep him as our Goalkeeping Coach and get rid of Achterberg.

#600415 09/04/18 05:58 PM
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Liverpool have informed Roma that they will not submit a bid for goalkeeper Alisson this summer, according to the Liverpool Echo.

The newspaper further claim that the Reds are not interested in pursuing a deal for Stoke City stopper Jack Butland either, contrary to previous reports.
The Echo report that Liverpool have told Roma not to expect a bid for Brazil international Alisson, whom they have been tracking closely and rate very highly.

Do we always tell clubs which of their players we WON'T be making an offer for? Surely a quicker way would be to actually make offers for players that we ARE interested in.

Darcus #600431 09/04/18 11:22 PM
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Darcus
Liverpool have informed Roma that they will not submit a bid for goalkeeper Alisson this summer, according to the Liverpool Echo.

The newspaper further claim that the Reds are not interested in pursuing a deal for Stoke City stopper Jack Butland either, contrary to previous reports.
The Echo report that Liverpool have told Roma not to expect a bid for Brazil international Alisson, whom they have been tracking closely and rate very highly.

Do we always tell clubs which of their players we WON'T be making an offer for? Surely a quicker way would be to actually make offers for players that we ARE interested in.

Didn't we release a statement saying we would not bid for VvD again after we nearly got reported, then we bought him? I wouldn't believe what our suits say either way, Echo & co make this crap up to sell papers.

Karius is looking good and has improved with playing regularly, also helps that VvD is marshalling the defence, Robertson has been a big improvement also, so hard to judge how much is purely Karius and how much is due to a better defence infront of him.

Would Migs be better with VvD & Robertson infront of him? I think he would, but would still be prone to a mess up, which it looks like Karius is less prone to, also helps Karius is number 1 and continues to play, the switching for competitions was stupid.

dipper #600436 10/04/18 12:13 AM
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
That save from Boalasie's shot was out of this world. I struggle thinking of any errors over the past few months.

redordead13 #600443 10/04/18 04:32 AM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
That save from Boalasie's shot was out of this world. I struggle thinking of any errors over the past few months.

I don't think Klopp will be going for a GK now unless Karius really messes it up in the remaining games. Mignolet will be moved on and Ward will become number 2 playing in domestic cup games.

dipper #600446 10/04/18 07:44 AM
V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
That's what I think too.

But we still need a 3:rd keeper though. Can we promote anyone, or will it be an old seasoned pro that we take in on a free?

van Gogh #600450 10/04/18 08:38 AM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By van Gogh
That's what I think too.

But we still need a 3:rd keeper though. Can we promote anyone, or will it be an old seasoned pro that we take in on a free?

If Reina is available for free and can accept being a bench warmer, why not?

dipper #600453 10/04/18 10:26 AM
M
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
M
We don't need a 3rd keeper. Had there ever been a time in recent history wr have needed one?

Karius. Who is in great form. Players in form deserve to start.
Ward. Good enough for the cup games.
3rd keeper can be anyone from the reserves or u18's

dipper #600457 10/04/18 12:25 PM
H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Too soon to say really, my jury is out and previous reservations still apply. I hope he makes it but he hasn't as of yet, 'much done, more to do.'

dipper #600538 11/04/18 01:45 PM
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
No comments today on Karius's performance last night?

1) Responsible for the 1st goal (VVD said he didn't want it)
2) Responsible for the 2nd goal that wasn't given (Why the punch?)
3) Constantly making awful distribution decisions putting us under pressure.

The lads a joke. We've progressed into the semis despite Karius, not because of him.

TrueRed #600589 11/04/18 08:33 PM
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
No comments today on Karius's performance last night?

1) Responsible for the 1st goal (VVD said he didn't want it)
2) Responsible for the 2nd goal that wasn't given (Why the punch?)
3) Constantly making awful distribution decisions putting us under pressure.

The lads a joke. We've progressed into the semis despite Karius, not because of him.

Karius did look nervous in the first half, seemed to grow into the game, maybe he went into the game worried about City going all out, it was a big pressure game, so maybe that's why?

I guess it just keeps us wondering if we need a new keeper, I hope we sell Migs and buy a top Keeper and keep Karius as number 2, but I think Karius would want the move then if he's not number 1.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion