Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#587451 14/12/17 05:27 PM
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Does anybody know why we wait for the 73 minute of after to make changes? Most of other managers do it in the 60th minute when they need to change things.

M
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
M
I don't think you'd find one person who knows what's going on in klopps head at the minute.

Everyone gets rotated or subbed except the ones who are [oops]

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Storage wasn't even on the bench though.

Might have something to do with that when he didn't come on!

L
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
L
Originally Posted By TheKopProphet
Klopp's subs are often questionable. For instance, why was our last sub to replace rightbacks when we desperately needed a goal. Why would you go to Solanke (0 goals), Ox (2 goals), Gomez (0 goals) instead of Sturridge when you desperately need a goal? Having said that, the Solanke substitution almost paid off with the disallowed goal (and I've seen those given).

Gomez and Solanke created an disallowed goal tho, as you mentioned.

Also, I think Ox did a very good job when come in. Had made some good run and a decent shot.

Btw. For your information, Daniel is injured again and that's why he didnt get time in the last two games. Unless you believe he can score with an injury, you cant sub him in.

L
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
L
Originally Posted By van Gogh

laugh
He is injured, again.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Liverotto
Klopp's subs are often questionable. For instance, why was our last sub to replace rightbacks when we desperately needed a goal. Why would you go to Solanke (0 goals), Ox (2 goals), Gomez (0 goals) instead of Sturridge when you desperately need a goal? Having said that, the Solanke substitution almost paid off with the disallowed goal (and I've seen those given).

Also, I think Ox did a very good job when come in. Had made some good run and a decent shot.

Btw. For your information, Daniel is injured again and that's why he didnt get time in the last two games. Unless you believe he can score with an injury, you cant sub him in.

But why wait so long to do the changes if what you have on the pitch is not working?

L
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
L
Originally Posted By TiredReds

But why wait so long to do the changes if what you have on the pitch is not working?

I think it is because .. it is the FAB 4 out there.

If you take them out too early and then fans would question why take them out that early when you need a goal.

No matter what, once we cant win, people will question the substitute.

To be honest, I personally would like Ox to come in earlier or may be even can play him on a RB.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V

laugh
He is injured, again.

I know. Hence my post! smile

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player

I'm presuming Klopp believes that the players on the pitch at the time we get it right.

In Klopps defence, most of the times (not all) when a sub is required to change the game he doesn't have game changing quality on the bench to bring on so he may as well stick with whats out there.

I suppose the short answer to your question is because our squad is lacking in quality and he knows it.

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player

laugh
He is injured, again.

I know. Hence my post! smile

Sturridge is quite capable of getting injured sitting on the bench. Honestly, a complete waste of space and a wage.

C
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
C
Originally Posted By TrueRed

I'm presuming Klopp believes that the players on the pitch at the time we get it right.

In Klopps defence, most of the times (not all) when a sub is required to change the game he doesn't have game changing quality on the bench to bring on so he may as well stick with whats out there.

I suppose the short answer to your question is because our squad is lacking in quality and he knows it.

That's right. We don't have the quality on the bench, players who can change the game. Still I think Klopp can mix it up earlier in the game instead of waiting so long then desperately making changes when it is too late. That indicates a lack of tactical awareness and decent playing staff.

Last edited by chesterville; 15/12/17 11:08 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion