Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
T
Here's what I'm thinking...

Klopp has tried his methods for over two years now. These include:

1.Keeping under performing players, tying to improve them and giving them time to get better. (Migs, Lovren, Moreno maybe even Hendo and Can)

2. Having only one gameplan - gnerally quite attacking with apparently no defensive strategy and no alternative gameplan when things don't work. I acknowledge that this might be a slight over simplification but I think we've felt this at times.

After two years of the above, yes the football has been very enetertaining but we're no nearer to being serious challengers for anything it seems. Sometimes we seem to go backwards even.

So my message to Klopp would be:

'Look, you've been here 2 years. We gave you a free hand to do things your way and it's been fun but you now need to decide exactly how we're going to start challenging for honours and do it. Your ideal way doesn't seem to be working so something needs to change.

We'll allow you to write off this season. We don't care where we finish in the league as long as we're not relrgated. But your mission now is to use the rest of this season and the next two transfer windows to ensure that next season we see some consistency. We want to be a solid team with a winning mentality that can last the distance and challenge for honours.

Should you to chose to accept this mission and fail to deliver then we'll need to strat all over again... with Rafa perhaps crazy'

This thread will shortly self destruct for sure!

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
M
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
M
It's easily done. I've written off most of the last 25 years.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Yes

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Not me Bo, I haven't written off a single shittty, god forsaken one of them, they're all stored up rankling and festering and corrupting away in the depth of my agonised soul! Surely you can see it erupting like a Fuckking volcano in my despairing and pathetic posts.
Further Fuckking more, I'm not writing this woebegone season off yet either, because I'm clinging with (remaining) teeth gritted like a drowning man to the remote possibility that miracles do actually happen, and somehow, some way we can rescue what in my increasingly rare sane moments I can see but refuse to accept.

Last edited by Hercules/AF 58; 14/12/17 06:35 PM.
J
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
J
I agree with you that his way isn't working at the minute, but we saw what is possible last year up to January at least and in parts.

I understand frustrations with Klopp I have them myself but the question is, are we as fans patient enough to wait for it to work?

It took a few years at Dortmund for his methods to start paying off, to get all 'Klopp' type players in each position and to put his mentality in place.

Now the LFC management and a lot of fans knew that his success at Dortmund didn't come overnight so if we are not prepared to wait a bit longer then we should not have appointed him in the first place (Memories of De Boer at Palace come to mind).

Cut a long story short I think the season COULD turn out to be a write off, but if we start bearing some fruit in a years time then that's fine with me.

T
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
T
I think most of us are happy to give Klopp more time. What we don't know is which players are not his type and whether he intends to change them. If Moreno, Mignolet, Lovren, Klavan and even Henderson are his type then I think most of us won't buy that. Let's see who's on the books by the beginning of next season.

Last edited by TheMightyLFC; 14/12/17 07:27 PM.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Our PL season and league cup run ended in October. The only thing we have a chance of having a good go at is the FA cup.

It's only a matter of time before we are embarrassed in the Champions League. Our group and opposition flattered us.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
I'm a glutton for punishment so i wont write it off just yet but its testing my patience and sanity, If its not Klopp messing things up its the players,and if not them then FSG. crazy

FSG out!

Life is beautiful when you find Love
when you find the place your meant to be
when you find the one to give your heart to
as for me
this is you
this is Love

smile

C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C
Originally Posted By TrueRed

It's only a matter of time before we are embarrassed in the Champions League. Our group and opposition flattered us.

I have a bad feeling this could happen but at the same time I can see us upsetting one of Europe's top teams, like a Bayern or a Juventus if we get to play them.

Sevilla aren't great and we couldn't beat them although two 7-0 win's in the Champions League is seriously impressive no matter who the opposition. (Maribor and Spartak)

T
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
T
I have a feeling our best chance of winning something is the Champions League.

I'm not confident about our domestic cup fixture. Allardyce is a wind up merchant and Klopp is a bit naive.

C
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
C
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC
I have a feeling our best chance of winning something is the Champions League.

I'm not confident about our domestic cup fixture. Allardyce is a wind up merchant and Klopp is a bit naive.

In many matches and press conferences it does seem that Klopp is "naive".

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
We are closing than many of us think. I think Klopp is getting there all be it slowly.

Keep the faith and other such sayings. .

T
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
T
Tonight's performance simply confirmed my thoughts from last week. This season is over from a league perspective. It wouldn't bother me if we finished 17th in some ways. Klopp is in the last chance saloon I reckon. If we're perform this way next season then he's wasting his time with us. So the rest of this season should be used to rebuild the squad and train it in preparation for next season.

Migs should never wear an LFC jersey again. Not being cruel to him, but it must be Karius and Ward that play the remaining games this season.

Lovren, Moreno and Klavan should not be at the club after the summer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion