Rate Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Originally Posted By TiredReds
Originally Posted By Vicdamone
Financier Amanda Staveley eyes $400 million bid for Newcastle United.

It is rumoured there is a Turkish bidder who is after Newcastle. Lots of smoke and mirrors going on, the press love it as it sells papers/clicks, at the level these buyers work at, I doubt we will hear any real info until the deal is announced, so take it all with a pinch of salt.

I'd be surprised if someone has bid £1.2billion for Liverpool, then drops down to £400million for Newcastle, no disrespect, but they are a completeky different status of club, it'd be like going after a Ferrari, not getting it and going for a Ford instead, you'd either go for another Ferrari or an Aston Martin/Lamborghini, something at that level.

The way Ashley has out them up for sale is abit odd, it's like him saying I'm sick of this and forcing the bidder(s), so doesn't seem like it's going smoothly either way, he might be annoyed that the Liverpool bid has come out and makes them look stupid, not something Ashley will enjoy.

This is not about buying a Ford and a Ferari but about buying a business which has a value and the investment required to make it reach a certain level. A usual buyer cannot turn a Ford into a Ferrari but an investor can make Chelsea as famous as LFC over a decade

But its very difficult to build a global name/brand, it takes time, Liverpool have that already and can easily be put to the top again with investment in the team, Newcastle do not have the global status/history, look at Blackburn, they got heavy investment for their time in the 90's from Jack Walker, but they struggled to make a name in Europe.

Chelsea has built a global brand in a decade and City is doing the same very quickly. Yes we are already there but our growth is slower and if you start winning things it can change quickly. It all depends if you can do it with say 750m-1billion. You buy a Neymar and it is already a step change, even Mourinho is thinking of going to PSG

Dunk Offline OP
KopTalk Editor
OP Offline
KopTalk Editor

I'd be surprised if someone has bid £1.2billion for Liverpool, then drops down to £400million for Newcastle ...

From what I understand she has a number of investors behind her, therefore one could be chasing a more ambitious project, while others may be after something cheaper ... it's not her money smile

The £1.2bn offer was reported in The Telegraph a few days ago, they said an offer "of at least £1.2bn" was turned down by FSG from Staveley.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Given FSG have turned down an offer it looks like negotiations are in progress given it makes no sense for FSG to hang on to the club unless they have morphed into fanatical kopites. We might have good news coming up. My instinct is something is going on

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Given FSG have turned down an offer it looks like negotiations are in progress given it makes no sense for FSG to hang on to the club unless they have morphed into fanatical kopites. We might have good news coming up. My instinct is something is going on

I agree, this is not just John W's decision, they have investors to answer to and consult, so if they get a huge bid like £1.2 Billion for an asset they paid £300million for, they won't want to risk that money, I think FSG are just playing the game to try and drive up the price, it's worked so far, last year we were saying we weren't worth the £600-700million quoted, now its gone up half a billion in a year or so !!! football is on a boom at the moment, so FSG are just trying to wring out every last ££££

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Dunk

I'd be surprised if someone has bid £1.2billion for Liverpool, then drops down to £400million for Newcastle ...

From what I understand she has a number of investors behind her, therefore one could be chasing a more ambitious project, while others may be after something cheaper ... it's not her money smile

The £1.2bn offer was reported in The Telegraph a few days ago, they said an offer "of at least £1.2bn" was turned down by FSG from Staveley.

It's sort of exciting to think we may get owners who really want us and will pay for it, not just as an asset in a sports franchise, then invest in the club/team, but the figures just sum up what's wrong with football these days.

All our players agents will be sat at home rubbing their hands thinking new contracts from the new owner to put them on a par with Man City/Utd etc.

Imagine Hicks & Gillet crying into their Beer when we're sold for £1.5billion 7 years after they were forced to sell by the banks.

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion