Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
R
reza99 Offline OP
Trialist
OP Offline
Trialist
R
Thats why Amanda staveley was at newcastle vs liverpool game..

V
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
V
Originally Posted By reza99

Food for thought.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Vicdamone
Originally Posted By reza99

Food for thought.

At that level, you normally do deals behind the scene's, Mike Ashley is the owner, so I don't think they have to be put up for sale from a legal point of view? so it's abit odd, feels like he's not happy and trying to push the bidders, could be a reaction to the leak of the bids for Liverpool?

FSG need to be careful, there aren't many people/groups in the world who can/would afford to buy Liverpool at £1+Billion, so they maybe left with an asset they value at £2Billion, but if no one is willing to pay that much, it will never sell, so they are left with an asset they cannot sell.

I still think there is more to this.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
FSG aren't football/Liverpool fans, I suspect they saw a good deal to buy us cheap as a global brand which is not being ran well, so they improve the stadium (Done), improve sponsorship/merchandising (Done), get a top manager (Done,)get us back in the CL (Done) and then sell us to make a huge profit.

I still think there is more to this, I doubt FSG are planning to be at Liverpool in 10 years, FSG are also a group of people, it's not just Henry, so there will be internal pressures to sell if a bid like that comes in.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I'm sure the article on the news page said that she's representing more than one person/group so even if she's involved in a takeover of Newcastle, doesn't necesarilly mean that we'll miss out.

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Ashley has suffered setback in his businesses and having the commons committee sticking their nose into his affairs must be unsettling.

He's probably looking to shed headaches. If I remember rightly, he paid around £300 Mill for the club so he'd be looking a lot more than 400 I would have thought.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Newcastle is a strange one, because of the financial mix up between the Sports Direct company and the club Newcastle FC.

The club has been left to bleed while Sports Direct have made massive profits from the (undervalued) sponsorship deal and the perfect display at St James' Park.

So even if Ashley doesn't get more than say £ 300 m it has probably been a good deal over all for him, and he might settle for that amount.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Read an article the other day about Robert Kraft being still interested in buying a Premier League club.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newsliver...club/ar-AAtngLk

This on the heels of Amanda Staveley at our Newcastle game.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
If Staveley is after us now for her rich friends, I'm worried this is a little too late. The TV & Prem money going up and the transfers of players going to dizzy heights is only going to wet FSG's appetite to stick around awhile longer!

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Great!

American owner N:o 3 on the trot. Yankees have served us well before, so why not? sick whistle

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion