Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 35 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 34 35
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
Originally Posted By sixtiesred
Just one , ever ?

When this happens you will say when have we ever payed 60m/70m for a player... before it was 30M with you

"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly
C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C
Originally Posted By Chris2402
What player with a tag over 50 mil have we signed and got that transfer window
Name one

We would have paid over £50million each for Van Dijk and Lemar if their respective clubs had been willing to sell, but they weren't and that is their right.

I repeat the question

I've answered it, if you want to ignore that and focus on conspiracy theories that's entirely up to you.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Name one

We would have paid over £50million each for Van Dijk and Lemar if their respective clubs had been willing to sell, but they weren't and that is their right.

I repeat the question

How do you feel about some of the players we've bought that didn't cost over £50m then? Coutinho, Suarez, Firmino, Mane, Salah etc.

Stop being so hung up on player prices. We need the right players not the most expensive. Everton's record signing cost more than ours but who would you rather have?

M
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
M
If your thinking naby two things
one,we don't qualify for cl naby pulls pin on deal that will surly be in the deal

Two if we don't qualify fsg have put a clause in that we don't buy him IMO

Either way there's a get out of jail card you can bet on it

You want factual information regarding concrete bids for Van Dijk.
Yet you're happily spouting made up shiiiite to prove your theory.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
If your thinking naby two things
one,we don't qualify for cl naby pulls pin on deal that will surly be in the deal

Two if we don't qualify fsg have put a clause in that we don't buy him IMO

Either way there's a get out of jail card you can bet on it

I won't bet on it, you go ahead if you want.

Last edited by TiredReds; 17/10/17 12:54 PM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Name one

I repeat the question

I am sure Keita will cost us 50m or very close to it. His release clause is 48m and we would have agreed/paid a premium to make sure we get him. Last summer you wanted us to pay more than 35m and now you are asking 50m, I am also sure you will say 75m as soon as we get Keita.

C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C

Would have could have should have but didn't zero big buys I rest my case wink

Please do rest your case as it makes no sense, as myself and a number of others have pointed out. If the selling club doesn't want to sell a player then there isn't a lot we can do, look at Barcelona and Coutinho, we just refused to do business. So using your logic that means Barca weren't prepared to pay which they clearly were?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

Rediculous to bring up prices of four five years ago wilks bottom of barrel that wilks grin re Suarez and phil mane was a gamble and salah who we wouldn't buy at 12 mil ?
Player prices denote quality of the player sure u get the odd lucky find but all the big name teams go for big name players why ? If it didn't work they wouldn't do it ?

And as for hung up on player prices I'm not I wish we could get vvd' s etc for ten mil the reality is tho you won't ! If you want to be surer of getting a top player you have to pay big bucks buying cheapies is like having a go on a 50/1 nag at the races sure there's a chance but rarely does it happen but when it does yep you win big if you have the time to wait around failure after failure in the mean time the top buy the top players and put further gaps between us and a title buy the way it's an opinion except it like you say to others wilks my opinion is backed by all top clubs doing it

Not reficulourediculous at all. They may have been bought a while ago but we’re still no where near any kind of record signing fee so completely relevant. What it shows is that you can get really good players for less than this magical £50m fee you seem so hung up on.

Look at some of the £50m plus players who’ve been bought. Torres, Schevchenko, Di Maria to name a few that were dog dirt. Would you have been happy to spend that on Sterling had it been the other way around or Stones or nearly that on Sigurdson?

Like I say, we need the right players not just the most expensive as it’s not always a guarantee of top quality.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

Would have could have should have but didn't zero big buys I rest my case wink

Please do rest your case as it makes no sense, as myself and a number of others have pointed out. If the selling club doesn't want to sell a player then there isn't a lot we can do, look at Barcelona and Coutinho, we just refused to do business. So using your logic that means Barca weren't prepared to pay which they clearly were?

No Chris. It’s all was all a ruse to try and fool us silly fans.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
see im not saying we should buy over 50 mil players im asking when have we ?

Even when we had 75 mil from suarez we bought ricky 4 mil and mario 16 mil i think off memory that worked well didnt it ? im saying top clubs buy top players thats the way i see it and from what goes on in the transfer mkt thats what works more than long odds players or why would top clubs keep doing it so it must work more than it dont ? Imo
Also dont know what your refering too re 35 mil last summer perhaps you could post what you say i said ?
As i said its an opinion and one which top clubs also do !

Well, somebody used all the money and also bought Lallana and Markovic. I might be mistaken but didn't you have a thread asking weather we will buy above our 35m fee record?

Page 11 of 35 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 34 35

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion