Rate Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By sixtiesred
When all the cars go electric no more rich Arabs ! It's not that far away

That's why the likes of Dubai have moved towards tourism.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Mike Ashley has just officially put Newcastle up for sale, so looks like some sort of deal is in the offing:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41643718

I guess we will see if Amanda and her Billionaire friends were really after Newcastle?

C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C
Originally Posted By TiredReds

What do you mean you can't tackle, players can still tackle as long as they don't break legs. I remember what Maradona had to endure in his days which was unacceptable.

When was the last time you saw a proper full blooded 50/50 in the Premiership which didn't result in a foul one way or the other, if not both players rolling around claiming injuries? Players are scared to go into slide tackles now because opponents would rather fake injuries in the hope of getting an opponent sent off.

Remember the Roy Keane and Patrick Vieira battles, it was a same of weakness to stay down hurt and those guys used to seriously smash each other. Nowadays I can think of plenty of players who think they are hard but as soon as they get touched they hit the back like a sack of s**t. It's pathetic.

Liverpool are a prime example, when was the last time any of our players put in a thumping tackle? Who in our team is actually capable of doing it?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Chris2402

What do you mean you can't tackle, players can still tackle as long as they don't break legs. I remember what Maradona had to endure in his days which was unacceptable.

When was the last time you saw a proper full blooded 50/50 in the Premiership which didn't result in a foul one way or the other, if not both players rolling around claiming injuries? Players are scared to go into slide tackles now because opponents would rather fake injuries in the hope of getting an opponent sent off.

Remember the Roy Keane and Patrick Vieira battles, it was a same of weakness to stay down hurt and those guys used to seriously smash each other. Nowadays I can think of plenty of players who think they are hard but as soon as they get touched they hit the back like a sack of s**t. It's pathetic.

Liverpool are a prime example, when was the last time any of our players put in a thumping tackle? Who in our team is actually capable of doing it?

I see tackles every game and the last one I can remember is Lukaku on Gomes where he should have received a yellow card. Kante is nowhere like Viera and Keane physically or the way they play, however, he gains as many balls in the midfield without going to break legs.

C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C
I see tackles every game and the last one I can remember is Lukaku on Gomes where he should have received a yellow card. Kante is nowhere like Viera and Keane physically or the way they play, however, he gains as many balls in the midfield without going to break legs.

So to answer my question you don't see full blooded 50/50 tackles anymore?

I don't recall Keane or Vieira aiming to break legs, with the exception of Keane's tackle of Haaland which was disgraceful. The point is these two were great footballers but also hard as nails when it came to making or taking a tackle, the modern footballer isn't of the same breed or mentality.

V
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
V
So Amanda offered 1.2 bil.

Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
Originally Posted By Vicdamone
So Amanda offered 1.2 bil.

?

"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Got to be worth at least £3bn!

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

I don't recall Keane or Vieira aiming to break legs, with the exception of Keane's tackle of Haaland which was disgraceful. The point is these two were great footballers but also hard as nails when it came to making or taking a tackle, the modern footballer isn't of the same breed or mentality.

Look, i am ok with the level of tackle right now else I don't think a player like Messi would be able to play at full potential. Football for me is about skills not like a combat sport

C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C

Look, i am ok with the level of tackle right now else I don't think a player like Messi would be able to play at full potential. Football for me is about skills not like a combat sport

Tackling has always been part of football and should remain so, nowadays players are scared to commit to sliding tackles as they know it could result in a red card, that in itself is a huge problem.

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion