1st Team Regular

Loc: West Australia
Just one , ever ?

#582345 - 17/10/17 12:21 AM Re: January Transfer Rumours [Re: WNP]
sixtiesred Offline
1st Team Regular

Loc: West Australia
If your thinking naby two things
one,we don't qualify for cl naby pulls pin on deal that will surly be in the deal

Two if we don't qualify fsg have put a clause in that we don't buy him IMO

Either way there's a get out of jail card you can bet on it

#582346 - 17/10/17 02:33 AM Re: January Transfer Rumours [Re: SSO]
chesterville Offline
Under 23 Player

Loc: Australia
Originally Posted By SSO
There are likely to be a few players looking for a way of increasing their pay or their profile for one reason or another.

Icardi may not get into the World Cup squad due to the competition of Messi, Aguero, Higuain, Dybala but there is also the issue of his personal life that may be preventing him from adding to his handful of international appearances.

Pulisic may now be another option to get on the cheap now that USA have not qualified for the World Cup and the playoffs coming up may see a few more very talented players in a position where they cannot enhance their reputations.

VVD himself is now not going to the World Cup so his price may be on the decline. I think if we can publically suggest other targets we may get his price down to something representative of a player his age and level within the PL. Perhaps 40m plus add ons more realistic.

Sanchez. Now there is a player who has shot himself and his club in the foot. Over 300k a week and no World Cup. Like Gareth Bale he will be 32/33 before he sees another World Cup. There are some big players out there whose resale value has taken a bit of a knock.

There are others out there no doubt and World Cup years are notoriously full of expensive flops. Some of the obvious ones are Diouf and Diao but we weren't the only ones with burnt fingers. Remember Juan Sebastian Veron? Ah that one just cheered me up. But if money is flying around in the summer we won't be able to compete with our main rivals.

Perhaps we might get a few players coming in January and maybe these players won't be overburdened by playing all through next summer and be ready for 2018/19.
But not only that, some won't even be cup tied and could play in CL should we progress to last 16.

As for Icardi I think 50m will be the going rate. Give it 3 years when Higuain, Messi and Aguero have moved on out of International football this guy will be 27 and will at least hold his value.

Let's hope we are going for a strategy of Jan signings.

Wow. Are we talking about footballers or livestock?

#582348 - 17/10/17 05:17 AM Re: January Transfer Rumours [Re: TiredReds]
Liverotto Online   content
Under 16 Player

Originally Posted By TiredReds
Originally Posted By Liverotto
[quote=TiredReds][quote=Liverotto][quote=Chris2402]
I read a lot of reports Ox is around 34M not 40M. Or you are referring to Euro not GBP? (Sort of strange as both clubs are English club) (Besides, it is not priority is wrong, it is simply you dont rate Ox. You think he is a bad player and you would question this transfer no matter what position he is. If that was Lemar coming and you probably will be pleased that we get another winger. The fact is our TC rated him and he is available at cheaper so that they get him.)

To be honest, when I say more than 50M for Icardi, I dont think he is just 50M. It may be something about 60M or even more. Besides, buying italian strikers are always a risk b'coz there are lots of them cant adapt other league style. Klopp previously experienced one named immobile who look excellent in Italy but failed to adapt life and style in Germany. Wages is another issue as we all knew that FSG normally didnt pay a lot to wages.

For Keita, I always believe that if we could get him in the summer we would cash in Emre Can to support part of the deal. We could not get him during summer and we have an agreement to get him next summer. The cash is not yet paid tho. I dont think getting him related to the budget of the current year's transfer. Keita was the best player in bundesliga last year and worth the price. He was the best player in Austria before he came to Bundesliga too. He is an all rounder who can dribble as long as tackle and definitely is a player who our team need.
Reminded you that Kante was named as one season wonder too when Chelsea got him.

I would be very happy with Ox if he was playing well, he is hardly playing let alone well. I would be as unhappy if it was Lamar as that would mean we have wasted well needed budget. Regarding Keita, I am sure we have made some payments otherwise we wouldn't be able to say we have bought him and we would have if they had accepted our 66m bid.

I dont think the payment for Keita upfront would be significant.

Nowadays, clubs paid installments to purchase players even though players join them immediately.

RB is in a weak position and they would be force to sell in 48M as the release clause is there. What they can do is accept a large premium and let him go now or accept a small one and let him go next year. They wont care where will Keita go as long as he doesnt stay in Bundesliga so I dont think we will make any payment terms unfavour to us unless FSG is very stupid.

FSG just have agreement with them and accept a small premium to them to make sure we can get his service next year. I dont think they will pay now (may be just a very small sum).

#582349 - 17/10/17 05:21 AM Re: January Transfer Rumours [Re: ecnirp98]
Liverotto Online   content
Under 16 Player

Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Originally Posted By Chris2402
Reports only said that we have initial enquiries of around 30M made to VVD and being told he is not for sale. And then they complaint us about tapping us and we issued an apologise with no follow up actions on any bids again. We simply claimed we can offer 50M (or it is claimed by the press) but there are no real offers or even an enquiry.

I have no idea what reports you are referring to but there were plenty stating that we would need to pay a world record for a defender to land Van Dijk, and a world record for a defender was 50million plus. I didn't see one report mentioning 30million as in the current market that is exceptionally low considering Kyle Walker and Benjamin Mendy cost Man City 50million each as full backs. Also bear in mind that Van Dijk recently signed a 6 year contract.

The last transfer window was abit odd, I think at the start VvD was probably valued around the 30-40million value, by the end of it, he was 70+million, i'm sure when we targeted VvD early in the year, we wouldn't have expected to have to spend around 70 million to get him.

The Neymar transfer/Coutinho valuation/bids changed the general value of players, look at Salah, we signed him for around 35 million relatively early on in June, if we would have tried to get him in August he would probably have cost us 50+ million.

That is exactly what I mean. I relied on reports back in May and 30M or a little more is what we prepared to pay for VVD. After that we had made statements and then no enquiries had been made. We just sat there and waited Southamton announced that they will finally sell VVD.

There are no reliable sources claimed we would offer 50M or above for VVD as far as I know.

#582355 - 17/10/17 08:23 AM Re: January Transfer Rumours [Re: sixtiesred]
Chris2402 Online   content
1st Team Squad

Originally Posted By sixtiesred
What player with a tag over 50 mil have we signed and got that transfer window
Name one

We would have paid over 50million each for Van Dijk and Lemar if their respective clubs had been willing to sell, but they weren't and that is their right.

#582356 - 17/10/17 08:28 AM Re: January Transfer Rumours [Re: Liverotto]
Chris2402 Online   content
1st Team Squad

There are no reliable sources claimed we would offer 50M or above for VVD as far as I know.

See the below links, the Liverpool Echo one was before the transfer window and still quotes 50million. It was always 50million for Van Dijk, it was never any less.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/virgil-van-dijk-50million-price-12897863

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/chelseas-50m-virgil-van-dijk-bid-0rqc6tlr8

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40164572

https://talksport.com/football/chelsea-p...virgil-van-dijk

#582357 - 17/10/17 08:36 AM Re: January Transfer Rumours [Re: sixtiesred]
Barr Offline
Under 18 Player

Loc: Knee deep in clunge
one,we don't qualify for cl naby pulls pin on deal that will surly be in the deal

Klopp said CL football was never mentioned.

RBL get more than they would from other clubs next season

Naby gets a big pay rise.

#582358 - 17/10/17 09:10 AM Re: January Transfer Rumours [Re: Barr]
wilkij1975 Online   content
1st Team Regular

Loc: Northamptonshire
Originally Posted By Barr

Klopp said CL football was never mentioned.

RBL get more than they would from other clubs next season

Naby gets a big pay rise.

Yeah, I think this will be pretty water tight or they wouldn't have announced it. I seem to remember that we may have paid something already to secure him over and above what we will next summer. Could be wrong though as I've slept since then!

Page 14 of 44 < 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 43 44 >

Shout Box

Advertisements

Latest From KopTalk

Top Posters (30 Days)
sixtiesred 257
Growler 249
wilkij1975 244
TiredReds 169
lumba 126
Stanley Park 96
ecnirp98 95