Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 35 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 34 35
C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C
Originally Posted By Liverotto

To be honest, when I say more than 50M for Icardi, I dont think he is just 50M. It may be something about 60M or even more. Besides, buying italian strikers are always a risk b'coz there are lots of them cant adapt other league style. Klopp previously experienced one named immobile who look excellent in Italy but failed to adapt life and style in Germany. Wages is another issue as we all knew that FSG normally didnt pay a lot to wages.

Icardi is Argentinian, not Italian.

C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C
Originally Posted By Chris2402
I've just watched the Milan Derby and watched Mauro Icardi score a hat-trick in a 3-2 win for Inter. Admittedly the third was a last minute penalty but I'm convinced this guy would score an absolute boat load of goals for us if we could sign him.

I'm sure we've been linked with him in the past and I've wanted us to get him for a couple of years now. He's captain of Inter at 24 but I do feel he's a realistic target for us. Whether Klopp wants a proper striker remains to be seen but I honestly think this guy is just what we need. He's a proper 18 yard box striker, his first two goals were instinctive finishes from crosses and this is something we are sorely missing, with a player like Icardi draws against the likes of Burnley, Newcastle and Watford would be wins.

He may worth over 50M tho. Cant see we have the money for him.

We were prepared to spend big money on both Van Dijk and Lemar so how on earth do you think there is no money for him?

L
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
L
I've just watched the Milan Derby and watched Mauro Icardi score a hat-trick in a 3-2 win for Inter. Admittedly the third was a last minute penalty but I'm convinced this guy would score an absolute boat load of goals for us if we could sign him.

I'm sure we've been linked with him in the past and I've wanted us to get him for a couple of years now. He's captain of Inter at 24 but I do feel he's a realistic target for us. Whether Klopp wants a proper striker remains to be seen but I honestly think this guy is just what we need. He's a proper 18 yard box striker, his first two goals were instinctive finishes from crosses and this is something we are sorely missing, with a player like Icardi draws against the likes of Burnley, Newcastle and Watford would be wins.

We were prepared to spend big money on both Van Dijk and Lemar so how on earth do you think there is no money for him?

Yes, we proposed to buy both.

But according to reports, we wanted to get VVD by offering around 30M and Lemar for around 45M.

I believe if we have money we splash the cash like 60M or 70M to Southamton, they wont say no to us.

For Lemar, if we paid the requested 92M, he should already wear our jersey now as he seems wanted to join us. Arsenal had a 92M bid accepted but Lemar turned them down.

I think we have money, but we have budget too. If there are someone come in for Stud for 25M or over, we probably sell him and go and get another 50M striker.

Rumours said we have 200M to spend before the transfer windows opened but I think it is only gross spend.
The personnel responsible for budget must include the fee of selling players to that 200M and they made quite optimistic expectation I guess.
They want Sakho for 30M, Markovic for 20M, Alberto Moreno for 16M, Stud for at least 25M, (probably Emre Can for over 25M if we can get Keita). We only able to sell Sakho at 26M on the last date of the transfer windeows and all other deals failed.

That's why our transfer fund is a lot fewer than expected.
Alternatively, we go for some bargain buy like Solanke, Robertson, Ox (yes, 34M may not be cheap but it is just an average amount for an attackers last summer as even Sigurdson costed 45M. It is quite clear that Ox is an alternative to Lemar due to the high price tag of Lemar.)

Last edited by Liverotto; 16/10/17 07:45 AM.
C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C

But according to reports, we wanted to get VVD by offering around 30M and Lemar for around 45M.

I'm afraid your figures are completely wrong and if they were correct then we are an even bigger embarrassment in the transfer market than I realised.

We were prepared to pay over £50million for Van Dijk, what would have been a world record fee for a defender. As for Lemar on initial offer was around £60million which they rejected before Arsenal blew us out of the water on deadline day.

L
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
L

I'm afraid your figures are completely wrong and if they were correct then we are an even bigger embarrassment in the transfer market than I realised.

We were prepared to pay over £50million for Van Dijk, what would have been a world record fee for a defender. As for Lemar on initial offer was around £60million which they rejected before Arsenal blew us out of the water on deadline day.

Not sure about Lemar one, may be I missed some reports or remember the wrong details. However, even the figures are wrong, I am pretty sure Ox is an alternative of Lemar due to we are not going to match the price tag of Lemar.

For VVD, as far as I know we didnt place any informal enquiries or offers to Southamton for 50M.

Reports only said that we have initial enquiries of around 30M made to VVD and being told he is not for sale. And then they complaint us about tapping us and we issued an apologise with no follow up actions on any bids again. We simply claimed we can offer 50M (or it is claimed by the press) but there are no real offers or even an enquiry.

Last edited by Liverotto; 16/10/17 10:10 AM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By TiredReds

Well, Klopp was ready to pay 40m for somebody who has been at best average, 10-15m more would not be an issue. We just bought a one season wonder (might continue) for 48m but were ready to pay 70m. As most here say, Klopp's priorities are wrong

I read a lot of reports Ox is around 34M not 40M. Or you are referring to Euro not GBP? (Sort of strange as both clubs are English club) (Besides, it is not priority is wrong, it is simply you dont rate Ox. You think he is a bad player and you would question this transfer no matter what position he is. If that was Lemar coming and you probably will be pleased that we get another winger. The fact is our TC rated him and he is available at cheaper so that they get him.)

To be honest, when I say more than 50M for Icardi, I dont think he is just 50M. It may be something about 60M or even more. Besides, buying italian strikers are always a risk b'coz there are lots of them cant adapt other league style. Klopp previously experienced one named immobile who look excellent in Italy but failed to adapt life and style in Germany. Wages is another issue as we all knew that FSG normally didnt pay a lot to wages.

For Keita, I always believe that if we could get him in the summer we would cash in Emre Can to support part of the deal. We could not get him during summer and we have an agreement to get him next summer. The cash is not yet paid tho. I dont think getting him related to the budget of the current year's transfer. Keita was the best player in bundesliga last year and worth the price. He was the best player in Austria before he came to Bundesliga too. He is an all rounder who can dribble as long as tackle and definitely is a player who our team need.
Reminded you that Kante was named as one season wonder too when Chelsea got him.

I would be very happy with Ox if he was playing well, he is hardly playing let alone well. I would be as unhappy if it was Lamar as that would mean we have wasted well needed budget. Regarding Keita, I am sure we have made some payments otherwise we wouldn't be able to say we have bought him and we would have if they had accepted our 66m bid.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
There are likely to be a few players looking for a way of increasing their pay or their profile for one reason or another.

Icardi may not get into the World Cup squad due to the competition of Messi, Aguero, Higuain, Dybala but there is also the issue of his personal life that may be preventing him from adding to his handful of international appearances.

Pulisic may now be another option to get on the cheap now that USA have not qualified for the World Cup and the playoffs coming up may see a few more very talented players in a position where they cannot enhance their reputations.

VVD himself is now not going to the World Cup so his price may be on the decline. I think if we can publically suggest other targets we may get his price down to something representative of a player his age and level within the PL. Perhaps £40m plus add ons more realistic.

Sanchez. Now there is a player who has shot himself and his club in the foot. Over £300k a week and no World Cup. Like Gareth Bale he will be 32/33 before he sees another World Cup. There are some big players out there whose resale value has taken a bit of a knock.

There are others out there no doubt and World Cup years are notoriously full of expensive flops. Some of the obvious ones are Diouf and Diao but we weren't the only ones with burnt fingers. Remember Juan Sebastian Veron? Ah that one just cheered me up. But if money is flying around in the summer we won't be able to compete with our main rivals.

Perhaps we might get a few players coming in January and maybe these players won't be overburdened by playing all through next summer and be ready for 2018/19.
But not only that, some won't even be cup tied and could play in CL should we progress to last 16.

As for Icardi I think £50m will be the going rate. Give it 3 years when Higuain, Messi and Aguero have moved on out of International football this guy will be 27 and will at least hold his value.

Let's hope we are going for a strategy of Jan signings.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By SSO
There are likely to be a few players looking for a way of increasing their pay or their profile for one reason or another.

Icardi may not get into the World Cup squad due to the competition of Messi, Aguero, Higuain, Dybala but there is also the issue of his personal life that may be preventing him from adding to his handful of international appearances.

Pulisic may now be another option to get on the cheap now that USA have not qualified for the World Cup and the playoffs coming up may see a few more very talented players in a position where they cannot enhance their reputations.

VVD himself is now not going to the World Cup so his price may be on the decline. I think if we can publically suggest other targets we may get his price down to something representative of a player his age and level within the PL. Perhaps £40m plus add ons more realistic.

Sanchez. Now there is a player who has shot himself and his club in the foot. Over £300k a week and no World Cup. Like Gareth Bale he will be 32/33 before he sees another World Cup. There are some big players out there whose resale value has taken a bit of a knock.

There are others out there no doubt and World Cup years are notoriously full of expensive flops. Some of the obvious ones are Diouf and Diao but we weren't the only ones with burnt fingers. Remember Juan Sebastian Veron? Ah that one just cheered me up. But if money is flying around in the summer we won't be able to compete with our main rivals.

Perhaps we might get a few players coming in January and maybe these players won't be overburdened by playing all through next summer and be ready for 2018/19.
But not only that, some won't even be cup tied and could play in CL should we progress to last 16.

As for Icardi I think £50m will be the going rate. Give it 3 years when Higuain, Messi and Aguero have moved on out of International football this guy will be 27 and will at least hold his value.

I don't think a known player's value will go down if his country doesn't qualify for the WC. Yes an unknown player doing well can see his value shoot up but not the contrary. Do you think Bale's value has taken a knock? No way

Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
Originally Posted By TiredReds
Originally Posted By SSO

I don't think a known player's value will go down if his country doesn't qualify for the WC. Yes an unknown player doing well can see his value shoot up but not the contrary. Do you think Bale's value has taken a knock? No way

I can see a players price going up if they have a good World Cup but not down should they not qualify, or even have a poor tournament.

"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly
C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C
Reports only said that we have initial enquiries of around 30M made to VVD and being told he is not for sale. And then they complaint us about tapping us and we issued an apologise with no follow up actions on any bids again. We simply claimed we can offer 50M (or it is claimed by the press) but there are no real offers or even an enquiry.

I have no idea what reports you are referring to but there were plenty stating that we would need to pay a world record for a defender to land Van Dijk, and a world record for a defender was £50million plus. I didn't see one report mentioning £30million as in the current market that is exceptionally low considering Kyle Walker and Benjamin Mendy cost Man City £50million each as full backs. Also bear in mind that Van Dijk recently signed a 6 year contract.

Page 9 of 35 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 34 35

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion