KopTalk

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#582303 - 16/10/17 04:23 PM Re: This is your chance Mr. Ox - you better take it! [Re: Hercules/AF 58]
wilkij1975 Online   content
1st Team Regular

Loc: Northamptonshire
Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58
Originally Posted By Liverotto
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
The players have goals in them, they proved that last season so you'd think they'll start converting soon. But why not give Solanke or Ings a try too and see what they can do?

Agree. They will start to score again very soon.

They have qualities and once they started to score and we will be on fire.

Oh really? So the good Klopp'o is going to throw a switch and away they go? Who told you this was going to happen? And did they perhaps give you the billy as to exactly when the good Klopp'o will decide to throw that magic switch? Or is this nugget some class of a club secret?

Players go through baron spells. Happens to the best of them. I'm sure someone with your footballing knowledge would know that?

Advertisements

#582304 - 16/10/17 05:16 PM Re: This is your chance Mr. Ox - you better take it! [Re: chesterville]
ecnirp98 Offline
Under 23 Player

Loc: Madchester
Originally Posted By chesterville
[quote=Chris2402][quote=Liverotto]

I think Bobby did okay as a striker expecially against strong side. His movement is great and sometimes he sits back and can create the spaces for the run of Mane and Salah too. He is critical in our striking force when we play against strong side. However, when we play against team that park the bus, I would like to have a more clinical striker like Lewandowski.

Wasnt Jurgen bragging about Studge being oh-so fit and like signing a new striker at the start of the season? And Milner would be like signing a new midfielder now that he wasnt playing left back. Yippee Jurgen. Who needs exciting new players when you can re-gift those players sitting in the closet?

Sturridge does look fit, the problem is he has lost his pace, probably through his injuries, so you can be fit and not as fast as you was, he was a top striker as he used his pace to get away from defenders and in scoring positions, he had a good finish on him, without that pace he cannot get into those goal scoring positions to take chances.

#582323 - 16/10/17 10:28 PM Re: This is your chance Mr. Ox - you better take it! [Re: TheKopProphet]
sixtiesred Offline
1st Team Regular

Loc: West Australia
So why keep him on a 120-150 k a week

#582335 - 16/10/17 10:59 PM Re: This is your chance Mr. Ox - you better take it! [Re: sixtiesred]
ecnirp98 Offline
Under 23 Player

Loc: Madchester
Originally Posted By sixtiesred

I'd be happy for us to sell him, but who's gonna buy him with his injury history and wage demands, also, I can't see him wanting to move 'down' to a club like a Stoke or West Ham, who are the level who might be interested.

Then Ings or Solanke might get a run, I'd like to see what they can offer, as it looks like Sturridge is a spent force.

#582350 - 17/10/17 05:25 AM Re: This is your chance Mr. Ox - you better take it! [Re: Hercules/AF 58]
Liverotto Online   content
Under 16 Player

Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58

No team wins anything major trophy wise with a 'we'll score more than you attitude'. Those teams that have played that way have had a proper striker, or two, like we did under Rodgers with Suarez and Sturridge. The reason we are missing chances is because we don't have an out and out goal scorer, we all know Firmino isn't it, as good a player as he is yet Klopp ignored this again in the transfer window. And don't tell me this was because of Sturridge, nobody in their right mind would rely on him.

For Stud issues, I think it is not a secret that Klopp doesnt want to rely on him. It is about money and replacing Stud with a classy striker is expensive (Klopp said it during interview). It wont help too with FSG transfer strategy. We all knew that Aubameyang was available but to be honest, I cant imagine FSG and the TC will sanction a deal worth 70M for a 28 years old player.

I think Bobby did okay as a striker expecially against strong side. His movement is great and sometimes he sits back and can create the spaces for the run of Mane and Salah too. He is critical in our striking force when we play against strong side. However, when we play against team that park the bus, I would like to have a more clinical striker like Lewandowski.

Wasnt Jurgen bragging about Studge being oh-so fit and like signing a new striker at the start of the season? And Milner would be like signing a new midfielder now that he wasnt playing left back. Yippee Jurgen. Who needs exciting new players when you can re-gift those players sitting in the closet?[/quote]
Klopp is just doing the same as Rodgers did before him covering for the owners refusing to sanction the signing of their phantom targets. It's all part of their crowd control techniques. (Fan management tricks). [/quote]

I agree with this one.

He cant get a replacement and that's why he needed to praise the current ones he had and worked on the current squad.

That's most managers will do.

You dont expect any managers to say, Stud is fragile and he is no longer the one he was now and I got no money to replace him in the press conference.

#582351 - 17/10/17 05:27 AM Re: This is your chance Mr. Ox - you better take it! [Re: ecnirp98]
Liverotto Online   content
Under 16 Player

Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Originally Posted By sixtiesred

I'd be happy for us to sell him, but who's gonna buy him with his injury history and wage demands, also, I can't see him wanting to move 'down' to a club like a Stoke or West Ham, who are the level who might be interested.

Then Ings or Solanke might get a run, I'd like to see what they can offer, as it looks like Sturridge is a spent force.

Yes, no one will want him unless it is a bargain fee like 5-10M

#582353 - 17/10/17 06:59 AM Re: This is your chance Mr. Ox - you better take it! [Re: Liverotto]
van Gogh Offline
1st Team Squad

Loc: Out Of Town
...I got no money to replace him in the press conference.

Maybe that can be a use for Storage until his contract expires?

Klopp's replacement in the press conferences! grin

#582362 - 17/10/17 11:11 AM Re: This is your chance Mr. Ox - you better take it! [Re: Liverotto]
chesterville Offline
Under 23 Player

Loc: Australia
I expect that the manager would spruke up a player that was not contributing then sell him quick smart. Jurgen got it wrong both ways with little Daniel, because he cant do the job anymore and he didnt want to move and take a pay cut.

But you can bet your buttons that Jose or Arsene would have shipped our Studge quick smart, no questions asked.

#582363 - 17/10/17 11:15 AM Re: This is your chance Mr. Ox - you better take it! [Re: chesterville]
Barr Offline
Under 18 Player

Loc: Knee deep in clunge
I expect that the manager would spruke up a player that was not contributing then sell him quick smart. Jurgen got it wrong both ways with little Daniel, because he cant do the job anymore and he didnt want to move and take a pay cut.

But you can bet your buttons that Jose or Arsene would have shipped our Studge quick smart, no questions asked.

Arsene happy to have Jack Wilshere doing f'all, though.

#582366 - 17/10/17 11:20 AM Re: This is your chance Mr. Ox - you better take it! [Re: chesterville]
Chris2402 Online   content
1st Team Squad

Wenger is a dreadful example, he's kept Wilshere for too long and you could argue Welbeck is incredibly injury prone as well. He's also allowed Sanchez and Ozil to run their contracts down and let players like Walcott coast through their career without pushing them to the next level.

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Shout Box

Advertisements

Latest From KopTalk

Top Posters (30 Days)
sixtiesred 257
Growler 249
wilkij1975 244
TiredReds 169
lumba 126
Stanley Park 96
ecnirp98 95