Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Because the club would look extremely, extremely, extremely bad if it didn't go through after announcing it so it must be water tight and therefore will go through.

I'm more concerned Keita won't want to join us if we don't sort the defence out and finish Top 4, it will be an interesting contract that they have agreed/signed, if we don't get top 4 and a RM/PSG/Barca come in for him, there must be clauses.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
You never know but you'd have to think that it'd be water tight for us to announce it.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Because the club would look extremely, extremely, extremely bad if it didn't go through after announcing it so it must be water tight and therefore will go through.

But that's exactly my point. We will indeed look stupid if it happens.

The intentions from our club to sign him might be good, but the effect of us going into meltdown this season (if that should happen) might not have been accounted for in the contract with Keita.

Again: The failure of not signing players essential for use this season can't be rectified by signing (or looking to sign) players in the future. We haven't even paid for him, so for me it's just as saying we might sign Bale, Ronaldo and Messi in the next 3 upcoming summer transfer windows.

Last edited by van Gogh; 13/10/17 09:30 PM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By van Gogh

But that's exactly my point. We will indeed look stupid if it happens.

The intentions from our club to sign him might be good, but the effect of us going into meltdown this season (if that should happen) might not have been accounted for in the contract with Keita.

Again: The failure of not signing players essential for use this season can't be rectified by signing (or looking to sign) players in the future. We haven't even paid for him, so for me it's just as saying we might sign Bale, Ronaldo and Messi in the next 3 upcoming summer transfer windows.

I said at the time that it's a bit of a let down as we need players for now and said the same for if we have a shocker. None of us know or will ever know the ins and outs of the deal but I have to think it's water tight or why announce it? We'd be stupid not to make it binding but that's not to say he won't go off the idea.

Just think, had we bought a decent defender or two we might not be worrying about having a shocker. As it is, the defence is having a shocker every week yet there's not five CB's in the world better than we have.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
I said at the time that it's a bit of a let down as we need players for now and said the same for if we have a shocker. None of us know or will ever know the ins and outs of the deal but I have to think it's water tight or why announce it? We'd be stupid not to make it binding but that's not to say he won't go off the idea.

Maybe to try and deflect our failure of signing either of Keita and VvD last summer, without even pay any money (avoiding the Torres/Carroll f*ckup)?

Just think, had we bought a decent defender or two we might not be worrying about having a shocker. As it is, the defence is having a shocker every week yet there's not five CB's in the world better than we have.

Exactly! Crazy innit? laugh

Last edited by van Gogh; 13/10/17 11:07 PM.
Muj Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By lumba
FSG have had seven years to pull Johns cigar out of his arse.

laugh

Steven Gerrard: Heartbeat of LFC.

football is fuckingg cruel
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion