Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#581720 09/10/17 12:21 PM
V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Back in the day no teams had many players to rotate. Much less money involved then which lead to small squads.

Today the squads are bigger and better, which means we have to rotate too to be able to play at the same intensity level as other teams do.

Impossible to compare different eras and come to fair conclusions. We just have to accept that the game has changed and we have adapted worse to it than other clubs have. Both on and off field.

#581721 09/10/17 12:23 PM
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By giorgiomoroder
Have to disagree with the point you have made regarding the flying and traveling...there is a massive difference between traveling first clas than economy on a plane a private jet is better again...half the time these players are asleep in there comfy bed and when they awaken there already there,,,then it's off to the five star Hilton where a mitchellin chef prepares there meals...You make it sound like they travel by easyJet and stay in hostels...please be serious...

Flying across timezones messes your bodyclock up, whether you are in first class or economy.

G
giorgiomoroder
Unregistered
giorgiomoroder
Unregistered
G
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Have to disagree with the point you have made regarding the flying and traveling...there is a massive difference between traveling first clas than economy on a plane a private jet is better again...half the time these players are asleep in there comfy bed and when they awaken there already there,,,then it's off to the five star Hilton where a mitchellin chef prepares there meals...You make it sound like they travel by easyJet and stay in hostels...please be serious...

Flying across timezones messes your bodyclock up, whether you are in first class or economy.
yes could be true if you are flying across the world and getting off the place to work an 8 hour shift down the mine however it's human beings in the prime of there life who have eat the best foods and live a life none of us will ever get to experience so you will never convince me running around a pitch for 90 mins will make you some how fatigued.
Put it this way you could put Jordan Henderson on a plane and send him around the world five times and his game and performance woukdnt alter one little bit...he will always be embarrassing...

I think another thing which you have to remember is that International football is not as intensr as league football, games are much slower and played at walking pass especialy in South America where the standard of football is pretty poor and slow, players playing for Brazil and Argentina like Coutinho, Firminho or Messi don't even break sweat so it's not as if flyingvwill effect there fitness levels time zone or no time zone...just the way I see it...

Last edited by giorgiomoroder; 09/10/17 01:10 PM.
#581723 09/10/17 01:23 PM
R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R

Yeah there's not a great deal of point comparing 70/80's teams with today.

Today they're fitter, stronger, faster than ever before. It's like comparing the 100m record 30 years ago with Bolt's fastest time.

Like it or not a modern team would destroy even the great Liverpool teams of the early 80's. It wouldn't even be close, but since the rules of contact have changed, half the old team would be sent off before hgalf time.

It's not that players are fatigued, it's that the standard is so very high, a 1% drop makes all the difference. I remember Neville being the most consistent RB for years and years, then suddenly he dropped off a cliff and retired.

G
giorgiomoroder
Unregistered
giorgiomoroder
Unregistered
G
Originally Posted By RedJohn

Today they're fitter, stronger, faster than ever before. It's like comparing the 100m record 30 years ago with Bolt's fastest time.

Like it or not a modern team would destroy even the great Liverpool teams of the early 80's. It wouldn't even be close, but since the rules of contact have changed, half the old team would be sent off before hgalf time.

It's not that players are fatigued, it's that the standard is so very high, a 1% drop makes all the difference. I remember Neville being the most consistent RB for years and years, then suddenly he dropped off a cliff and retired.
thats always happend I remember Alan Kennedy and Phil Neal going exactly the same way so it's always gone on..

C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C
I think another thing which you have to remember is that International football is not as intensr as league football, games are much slower and played at walking pass especialy in South America where the standard of football is pretty poor and slow, players playing for Brazil and Argentina like Coutinho, Firminho or Messi don't even break sweat so it's not as if flyingvwill effect there fitness levels time zone or no time zone...just the way I see it...

Inaccurate to say the least.

Argentina are currently 6th in South American qualifying, despite having some of the world's greatest players in their team. How can the standard be poor if there are 5 better sides than Argentina?

Do you know what altitude Argentina will play at when they visit Ecuador this week? 2,782 metres which is 9,127 ft above sea level. Are you sure that this doesn't have any impact at all?

Your post shows a complete lack of knowledge of South American football so perhaps it's best to avoid talking about something you clearly know very little about?

I wouldn't usually respond to your wind up posts but when you post something so inaccurate it needs to be corrected.

C
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
C

I dunno about that. I have wondered about this for years and everytime I watch a classic match of the great Liverpool I am amazed at the pace, power, stamina and hunger those lads had for 90 minutes, week after week.

I am sorry but I reckon Souness, Hansen and co would give our current side a jolly good Rodgering.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By chesterville

I dunno about that. I have wondered about this for years and everytime I watch a classic match of the great Liverpool I am amazed at the pace, power, stamina and hunger those lads had for 90 minutes, week after week.

I am sorry but I reckon Souness, Hansen and co would give our current side a jolly good Rodgering.

I am not sure about that, when I watch those oldies, i feel it is a bit slow motion

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Originally Posted By chesterville

Is that when Brendan Rodgers' team spank you really hard? whistle

C
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
C
The term "Rodgering" has nothing to do with the TVSN wanna-be. It could be associated with a spanking.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion