Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#580704 01/10/17 06:31 PM
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
It was obvious that we needed to buy a left back, a central defender, a defensive midfielder and a top striker. We bought a left back who hardly plays, bought 2 at attacking midfielders, a young under 21 striker and a midfielder for next year. Mourinho bought exactly what he needed.

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
complete overhaul was required,same old sh!t is what we've got.Klopp is even starting to p!ss me off.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
We needed a CB before anything else and Klopp fukked it up by not buying one. This will cost him his job this season.

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
FSG gave the impression they we're going to spend big this summer and failed to deliver.but they wont pay for it they will reap the benefits

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By kernowred
FSG gave the impression they we're going to spend big this summer and failed to deliver.but they wont pay for it they will reap the benefits

From the bids we lodged, players/clubs we were talking to, it appears FSG were providing the funds, it was the players targeted by Klopp being not available was the problem.

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
its is simple - get new owners (amanda Stevaley was at St James), new manager and rip up this bloody useless team now.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Originally Posted By kernowred

From the bids we lodged, players/clubs we were talking to, it appears FSG were providing the funds, it was the players targeted by Klopp being not available was the problem.

Agree. The money was there this summer and the fact we didn't get what we need rests with Klopp. As soon as VVD was looking difficult he should've moved to an alternative option. It's clear and has been for years that we need a proper CB or two but he fukked it up.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By dasil12
its is simple - get new owners (amanda Stevaley was at St James), new manager and rip up this bloody useless team now.

She may have been there talking to Ashley? I'm sure I read he's up for selling them and her clients aren't fussed who they buy. I wouldn't be holding my breath if I were you.

R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R
These are (possibly iffy) figures I plucked from google:

2011: £45m
2012: £27.5m
2013: £41m
2014: £29m
2015: £21m
2016: -£5m
2017*: £36.7m
Average: £27.8m

Why on earth do some on here think FSG suddenly decided to go against the last 5 summer and spunk £200m on transfers?

I'm not slamming them since they're pure businessmen, but Solanke is a clear cut bargain buy, Robertson the same. Only Salah seems good business and the Ox - who the Fk knows..

Klopp should've signed a CB (Keeper too) but our transfers seem to have no plan at all. We seem to mess about for 2 months and for me, it's clear the money just isn't there - not the kind we need to ever challenge the title again.

The only way we were spending that kind of money was if Coutinho was sold, but Barca messed us about thinking we'd cash in on the cheap. FSG want maximum value from sales, but it leads to prolonged transfers and any incomings are reliant on this, so we dawdle and settle for 2nd options like Ox.
They sit back, make a few enquiries, make a few headlines about world class stars we're after, and save the big money offers until they know there's money coming in to cover it.

Klopp's ultimately responsible for the performances, but the 180 on FSG on here is incredible. He won't be managing Celtic next season, hopefully he'll be here with a few more players, minus PC if that's what it takes and the knives can come out then.

Last edited by RedJohn; 02/10/17 03:23 PM.
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Originally Posted By dasil12

She may have been there talking to Ashley? I'm sure I read he's up for selling them and her clients aren't fussed who they buy. I wouldn't be holding my breath if I were you.

The reports are she is talking to Newcastle, she's the deal maker but she represents some serious money who want to buy into football big (from Middle East & China), I think these were the ones linked to us last year.

The worrying thing is they could do for Newcastle what Abramovic did for Chelsea or Mansour did for City, that would put us 6th or 7th for resources and would pretty much end our hopes of getting in the CL unless we come across some excellent players cheap... and we don't have a history of that !!!

Dunk has mentioned this and I agree, this could be a very important time for Liverpool, as these investors are serious and will buy a/into club, if it's not Liverpool, we have serious problems. FSG appear happy to keep us ticking over, whether we finish 2nd or 4th to them doesn't make a difference, as long as they are making money, the club is increasing in value, they are not interested on seeing us win, they aren't even interested on football.

I'm hoping they come in with a bid for us and FSG sell up, if that doesn't happen I see us struggling to be truly competitive, we will win games and be ok, but it will be much like the last 10 years, around 5th to 8th with the occasional qualification for Europe/cup run/win, if we come across a decent group of players, until we lose them to bigger clubs/wages.

But if it's not Liverpool they buy, I hope it's Newcastle, a proper club with real fans.

Last edited by ecnirp98; 02/10/17 10:41 PM.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion