KopTalk

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I think a transfer window is very important to keep some stability, otherwise it's the wild west throughout the season. Also, you cannot have a player who can end up playing for a number of teams in a particular season.

Last edited by TiredReds; 20/08/17 03:46 PM.
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
I'm not sure why some people are not open to the % decrease if the player isn't playing. The whole point is that if a player is fit and available and not being picked, and they are not happy being a bit-part player, they would have the opportunity to move on for first-team football. They don't have to move if they are happy, it just stops situations arising that might stagnate a players career for the sake of a clubs mindlessness.

As for the comment about trying to get dropped, if he was not readily available for selection he is in breach of his contract. As stated before, the whole idea is to stop the players ability to drop himself. If he is choosing not to make himself available through lack of commitment, the club would be able to alleviate those concerns in the season. I realise this might get complicated just writing it...

If not, maybe we look at the release clause as a base value. Play more than a certain percentage, and the value increases two-fold. I.e. Coutinho is worth £65m to the club now, but after 50% of games, his value in his contract doubles to £130m, to protect the club from losing a first-team player.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By jjmelling/Stato
I'm not sure why some people are not open to the % decrease if the player isn't playing. The whole point is that if a player is fit and available and not being picked, and they are not happy being a bit-part player, they would have the opportunity to move on for first-team football. They don't have to move if they are happy, it just stops situations arising that might stagnate a players career for the sake of a clubs mindlessness.

As for the comment about trying to get dropped, if he was not readily available for selection he is in breach of his contract. As stated before, the whole idea is to stop the players ability to drop himself. If he is choosing not to make himself available through lack of commitment, the club would be able to alleviate those concerns in the season. I realise this might get complicated just writing it...

If not, maybe we look at the release clause as a base value. Play more than a certain percentage, and the value increases two-fold. I.e. Coutinho is worth £65m to the club now, but after 50% of games, his value in his contract doubles to £130m, to protect the club from losing a first-team player.

The problem is that a player could use that to force a transfer and reduce his release fee, like not play well on purpose to get dropped. If a player is being dropped, his team would try to get rid anyway and that would also prevent teams from piling up players for nothing as the player would know that he will not get games if a team has many players.

A release clause will be enough else it would be too complicated, no system will be perfect anyway

Last edited by TiredReds; 20/08/17 04:05 PM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By sixtiesred
How about a contract being a contract say a max of 4 yrs of which no club can approach said player for 1st 3 yrs or suffer a taransfer ban for two years
If a player wants to leave as long as it's not due to other club pressure it goes to arbitration for reasons like family stress (homesickness) etc , if agreed that is the case the player pays 5 mil to break contract as he would of said he'd be ok at his new club , and he can not be signed by any club for 6 mths ! but after that time the club interested negotiates with the players club he was at last , some details to be addded but I'm sick of agreements players make being called contracts because from my experience I can't break any contracts I make without paying massive amounts of money to due so

So what I'm saying make massive penalties for clubs approaching players before there allowed to , but not money as some have that to burn ! transfer bans is what works best and maybe not eligible for CL that's what would work , but also cause the player some grief financially and maybe make them in eligible for CL some thing has to change to stop this unsettling of players ? Imo

Clubs already get punished if they approach players directly, very often it's newspapers and agents who get the info to the players. You cannot control that

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion