Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Trialist
OP Offline
Trialist
S
Journalist Ian McGarry, speaking on The Transfer Window podcast, says he's heard from insiders at Liverpool about a conversation the German boss had with club chiefs.

Barcelona made a £72million bid for Coutinho, which was knocked back, and it was then when Klopp laid down the law to Anfield top brass, it's suggested.

During conversations, Klopp is said to have told senior figures that selling the Brazilian would undermime him as boss and make him consider his future.

McGarry said: "When Barcelona made the original bid for Coutinho, Jurgen Klopp spoke with senior figures at Liverpool.

"I’m not saying they were directly involved with FSG in America but they had the ear of FSG and John W Henry.

"He said ‘if you sell Coutinho, I will seriously consider my position at this club. Because if you sell that player from under my nose without giving me any reason or the opportunity to buy a player who can replace him, then you’re undermining my opportunity and ambition to make this club a serious contender for the Premier League and the Champions League.

"‘Think about that before you sell Coutinho.'

"The response to that - it wasn’t an ultimatum, more of a friendly conversation - was obviously a big red flag from Klopp.

"FSG’s statement last Friday, in which they catagorically said Coutinho will remain a Liverpool player and when the summer tranfer window closes he will still be a Liverpool player, was in response not to Barcelona’s bid, but to Klopp’s assertion that he would consider his own future should Coutinho be sold."

But McGarry thinks this doesn't necessarily mean the player will stay put.

He added: "The clover thing about what FSG have done there is, they’ve have done what Klopp wants, but somehow the player will effectively agitate his way out of the club and that will be beyond FSG and Liverpool’s control - and Klopp will have to suck it up.

"I think this one goes to the wire. Barcelona will certainly improve their offer but I can’t call it to whether or not he goes because FSG have a lot to lose if they do sell him."

L
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
L
Thank you for backing this up, many people think I'm crazy because I "assume" things thankfully logic within assumptions pays dividends.

And giod news that Klopp internally is putting his authority down, he may protect FSG in public but people who slag klopps own minor faults must consider the big picture in klopps actions , Klopp is a legend already and only hope for LFC moving forward ,

@spango - Klopp is far more than just a motivator and the people who cannot see klopps qualities behind the flamboyant external simply aren't worth my time to consider such an opinion on Klopp, they may as well be having a laugh , despite klopps obvious minor flaws , to even consider such flaws of Klopp is even remotely a problem in helping LFC move forward from our status quo are people I cannot comprehend , and must be secretl geniuses that all 'fundamental parameters that determine what makes a champion' would have to be made redundant by such views

It is about pushing the train, not jumping on a running train.’ That is what we need here. It’s not allowed to take the history in the backpack
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Klopp a legend? How many league titles or champion leagues has he won us already? Not even a carling or western union or whatever the [oops] they call it.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Originally Posted By SPANGO7
If he goes he goes he would be replaced...

Really? shocked

How forward thinking of you.
No sh1t Sherlock. whistle

Next nugget of info?

P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
Sun reporter, must be true then

L
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
L
Originally Posted By Growler

Really? shocked

Next nugget of info?
just think people get too bogged down with being emotionally attached to employees...

Do you think if Klopp was given the finances he could establish himself like what shankley did???

Do you view shankley as an employee???

It is about pushing the train, not jumping on a running train.’ That is what we need here. It’s not allowed to take the history in the backpack
S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S

I can see you are a student of the game.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Originally Posted By Growler

Really? shocked

Next nugget of info?
just think people get too bogged down with being emotionally attached to employees...

I don't actually give a fig or flying duck what you think tbqh.

Next? whistle

D
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
D
Originally Posted By Shaggydog

I can see you are a student of the game.

Wise words indeed, that changes everything.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By paul66
Sun reporter, must be true then

Exactly!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion