Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Catalan news outlet Mundo Deportivo are reporting terms on the Coutinho deal could be complete soon.

They claim a breakthrough in recent days over Liverpool’s stance means Barca are now in a strong position to sign the Brazilian.

Coutinho has not played in either of Liverpool’s two competitive matches this season and is not expected to be part of the side this weekend against Crystal Palace.

He has handed in a transfer request but the move has taken longer than Barcelona would have wished.

Mundo Deportivo claim ‘sources close to the operation say that it should be finalised in a couple of days’.

Should Liverpool settle on a transfer fee for Coutinho, the player will then likely head to Barcelona for a medical and contract negotiations.

The 25-year-old prospected arrival comes as Barca struggle in their pursuit of Ousmane Dembele.

The Borussia Dortmund forward went AWOL earlier this week in the hope of securing a transfer to the La LIga giants.

But the report claims Dortmund’s asking price is both too high for Barca to accept.

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
A*se backwards if they do this deal before completing all other deals. It'll ramp up prices for players we are after because they know we have the Coutinho money!

M
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
M
3rd bid rejected. £118million.

I'd rather sell him than keep him now.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Nah. Rinse them for all we can and in the process, make the little fecker sweat!

A
Trialist
Trialist
A
No it's not!

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
No sale, no way no surrender, our best player is not for sale. FSG have repeatedly stated that. Klopp has repeatedly stated that, and to sell now regardless of the offer will destroy any little credibility either of them have with the fans. "Coutinho will be with us when this window is closed" end of.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Wonder why Klopp suddenly stopped saying that then.

On Tuesday he suddenly started talking about bosses and them making the final decisions, and being sad he might not always give the journos 100 % truth in all matters.

To me this sounds like the commitee are trying to find a way to sell the player without losing their face - now that he has submitted his transfer request and openly spat his dummy over Klopp.

Last edited by van Gogh; 18/08/17 04:29 PM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By van Gogh
Wonder why Klopp suddenly stopped saying that then.

On Tuesday he suddenly started talking about bosses and them making the final decisions, and being sad he might not always give the journos 100 % truth in all matters.

To me this sounds like the commitee are trying to find a way to sell the player without losing their face - now that he has submitted his transfer request and openly spat his dummy over Klopp.

There was a piece on the news page about it the other day. It said that the owners wanted to keep him more than Klopp as he doesn't want a player around that's not 100% committed. Maybe Klopp's comments were in regard to that as it suggested he wanted it sorted sooner rather than later?

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
I would suggest there is very real friction behind the scenes between Klopp & FSG. Klopp feels humiliated by Coutinho and has probably known for a long time this was coming about Coutinho wanting to go to Barcelona, he just wasn't prepared for it to escalate so soon. FSG, I belive have been planning all along the transfer but the financial climate has changed in such a few short months that they are holding out for as much as possible. It also hasn't helped that FSG have bartered us out of possible deals for the Coutinho blow to have been softened. FSG know that if they were to let Coutinho go now without adequate reinforcements the blow back on them will be severe!
Klopp is going to freeze Coutinho out of the squad, much like he did to Sakho and this idea horrifies FSG. As it stands we are at an impasse with very little time to resolve the situation.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I've not had a severe blowback in years.

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion