KopTalk

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
If Coutinho has already made it clear he wants to move prior to the recent formal request this summer, I want to think that the club had a plan in place in that eventuality.

While I love Coutinho to pieces as a player, I feel his contribution, at times, is still not that expected of "the player you build your team around" and I wonder whether we have already made plans ahead for targets.

Consider that the rumours of Seri are true, and that he will be signed for the £20-36m speculated in the press. Consider that Rakitic is being linked as an inclusion in the deal for Coutinho, and I presume we're looking for the same deal for Coutinho on the table, plus Rakitic. Consider also that Draxler is now being linked with a move away following his omission from the squad at the weekend, and Neymar displacing him in the squad.

Pipe-dream time.

We sign Seri, Rakitic and Draxler for a combined fee of close to the £90m we receive for Coutinho. Van Dijk is still a coveted target, and I expect the club would step in should he become available again. Keita, for now, is not the target we will get this summer, but next.

That fixes the issues with our midfield this season, covering injuries in all positions required.

Even if Can were to leave, we would have Milner, Grujic, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Lallana, Seri, Rakitic, Draxler and even Branagan all able to play centrally.

We would have Lallana, Draxler, Mane, Salah, Woodburn, Moreno and even Kent all able to feature on the wings if needed.

Would you take this at the end of the window and think we could challenge for the league?

D
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
D
I'd take that, so long as we sign a defender. I agree with what you said about Coutinho, while I'd prefer he stayed he's not irreplaceable. But I do think that if he stays it'll be his best season for us.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
It depends if it's realistic we can play the player again in the future, what's the point in keeping an unhappy player and not playing them, we're just paying them huge pay to sit in the reserves as their value depreciates.

Southampton and RB must be confident they can get the best out of them once the transfer window closes, same with us with Coutinho, it's a world cup year, players want to play, I think if we keep him he will play, similar happened with Suarez and he played for us, but it's a risk.

I think it depends if Klopp want's to keep him or not, he seemed pretty annoyed after the transfer request, it was really poor timing just before our first game, Klopp is big on team players and will just freeze him out if he wants, look at how he's dealt with Sakho, once you cross him, that's it, so if that's where Klopp is at, we should sell.

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion