Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#567037 15/06/17 08:41 AM
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
We know that with every new TV deal, comes a period of inflated fees before the window settles, but the prices being quoted across Europe right now are ludicrous.

France - Mbappe, on the back of one amazing season, has a price tag almost in line with the current transfer record.

Germany - Keita, after RB Leipzig's amazing year, has a price tag of near £50m.

Spain - James Rodriguez has barely had an opportunity for Madrid, and Morata has had to contend for a place on the bench most of the season. Irrespective, both £60m+.

England - Virgil Van Dijk, untested at the very top level, neither competing for a prestigious league title or european title, is £50m+. That is a similar fee to the one quoted for the consistent goalscorer across the park, Lukaku.

Italy - It is now reported by the press that Liverpool's enquiries for talented youngsters in Italy have been hit by astronomical prices. Milinkovic-Savic and Zielinski (who we missed out on last season) are now being sold as £55m+ players. Whiles this is to scare clubs away, it is a telling enditement on the state of inflated value, especially to the English clubs looking to sign from abroad.

I'm not saying that Liverpool are targeting most of these, they are just an overview of what I have seen reported in the press.

If this is the state of the football transfer world right now, is £200m really enough for Klopp to turn our potential into trophies?

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
If any club from the Premier League come calling for a player the prices are immediately inflated by the players' contracted club and Agent, that includes current players based here. You can't blame them really, the tv and premier league have put paid to that!
The problem I have is that our current moneyball system won't have allowed for this obvious fact and it's certain we'll have another horrific transfer window! We're already seeing the pathetic way our suits are handling things with our pursuit of VVD. Clubs are already on high alert if any offers come in from us they are bound to be derogatory which immediately rubs up the contracted players' club the wrong way! I don't know about calling it moneyball...it should be called BRILLO...guaranteed to abrade!

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By jjmelling/Stato
We know that with every new TV deal, comes a period of inflated fees before the window settles, but the prices being quoted across Europe right now are ludicrous.

France - Mbappe, on the back of one amazing season, has a price tag almost in line with the current transfer record.

Spain - James Rodriguez has barely had an opportunity for Madrid, and Morata has had to contend for a place on the bench most of the season. Irrespective, both £60m+.

England - Virgil Van Dijk, untested at the very top level, neither competing for a prestigious league title or european title, is £50m+. That is a similar fee to the one quoted for the consistent goalscorer across the park, Lukaku.

Italy - It is now reported by the press that Liverpool's enquiries for talented youngsters in Italy have been hit by astronomical prices. Milinkovic-Savic and Zielinski (who we missed out on last season) are now being sold as £55m+ players. Whiles this is to scare clubs away, it is a telling enditement on the state of inflated value, especially to the English clubs looking to sign from abroad.

I'm not saying that Liverpool are targeting most of these, they are just an overview of what I have seen reported in the press.

If this is the state of the football transfer world right now, is £200m really enough for Klopp to turn our potential into trophies?

I think this is normal at such an early stage of the transfer window, there is so much time to negotiate that selling clubs are starting with astronomical fees for players in demand. This is why we shouldn't look desperate and try to finalise deals so early.

Muj Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad

no is the answer

Steven Gerrard: Heartbeat of LFC.

football is fuckingg cruel
H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H

Looking at the targets our competitors are linked with I'd see it as a down payment with another 200m in January next, followed by another 200m next summer. That would make a start at closing the gap. Problem is there'd be Shyte all over the floor in Boston...

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion