Page 1 of 2 1 2
#566913 13/06/17 08:53 AM
Growler Offline OP
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
Everyone has only been suggesting this for the last two decades. tired

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/1...france-friendly

Last edited by Growler; 13/06/17 08:53 AM.
S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Originally Posted By Growler

Oh my God, is football finally stumbling into the 21st century.

Growler Offline OP
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
Originally Posted By Shaggydog

Oh my God, is football finally stumbling into the 21st century.

I actually sprayed my cornflakes all over the screen when I read this.

Massive shock! shocked

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
I like the idea in principle, but I hope it won't lead to long stoppage times and breaking of momentum for the dominant side at any given period. Otherwise I'm all for it.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Been saying it for years no brainier

I watch rugby league and the video breaks actually add to the tension and enjoyment. I don't get the stoppage argument it happens regularly with players rolling around and the ball being kicked out which is used regularly to stop momentum. Another rule we can learn from rugby is the trainers come on and treat players without stopping the game this would stop these theatricals

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Growler Offline OP
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58
I like the idea in principle, but I hope it won't lead to long stoppage times and breaking of momentum for the dominant side at any given period. Otherwise I'm all for it.

Agreed.
There's always going to be snags unfortunately, but we've see some of the most horrendous incorrect decisions and disallowed goals, red cards etc over the years.

Growler Offline OP
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Been saying it for years no brainier

I watch rugby league and the video breaks actually add to the tension and enjoyment. I don't get the stoppage argument it happens regularly with players rolling around and the ball being kicked out which is used regularly to stop momentum. Another rule we can learn from rugby is the trainers come on and treat players without stopping the game this would stop these theatricals

You in essence suggesting that football players are nowt but a bunch of theatrical pussies? shocked

Growler Offline OP
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
Correct

Last edited by Growler; 13/06/17 09:39 AM.
H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H

Agreed.
There's always going to be snags unfortunately, but we've see some of the most horrendous incorrect decisions and disallowed goals, red cards etc over the years.
yeah, wonder how it would work with a goal scored by deflecting off a balloon thrown on to the pitch by opposing fans??!!

Last edited by Hercules/AF 58; 13/06/17 09:40 AM.
Growler Offline OP
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular

Agreed.
yeah, wonder how it would work with a goal scored by deflecting off a balloon thrown on to the pitch by opposing fans??!!

HAHAHA!! grin

Oh how we remember THAT ey?

Only LFC, ONLY LFC blush

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S

Agreed.

HAHAHA!! grin

Only LFC, ONLY LFC blush

I always thought we should have signed that balloon. Top finisher.

Muj Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad

agreed

Steven Gerrard: Heartbeat of LFC.

football is fuckingg cruel
Muj Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad

Agreed.

HAHAHA!! grin

Only LFC, ONLY LFC blush

haha.that was miserable. and yes only LFC

Steven Gerrard: Heartbeat of LFC.

football is fuckingg cruel
V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Was that the same season as Reina threw a saved ball into his own net against Arsenal? sick blush cry

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By van Gogh
Was that the same season as Reina threw a saved ball into his own net against Arsenal? sick blush cry

That was later. Opening match of Roy's tenure.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
It's about time for this to be used though. The standard of officiating will only go up, and it will prevent refs from making silly guesses when they miss something.

B
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
B
Didn't this work quite badly in the France - England game? I hated the delay and i thought the sending off was harsh whichever way you looked at it. Some decisions are so open to interpretation and i imagine that this just ended up with several people guessing the right decision rather than just the ref.

C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C
Originally Posted By Ben36
Didn't this work quite badly in the France - England game? I hated the delay and i thought the sending off was harsh whichever way you looked at it. Some decisions are so open to interpretation and i imagine that this just ended up with several people guessing the right decision rather than just the ref.

The Varane sending off was a joke decision, he tried to avoid contact. I thought the new rules stated that when a penalty was given a red card would be avoided unless it was a deliberate attempt to stop a goal?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Ben36

There will always be some teething problem st the beginning, it will be tried again in the confederations cup and thinks will keep on improving for the better of the game

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion