Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#564779 21/05/17 11:17 PM
W
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
W
Mignolet - 8 Best season for us so far. Earned another season as no 1.
Clyne - 6 Ok defensively, doesn't really know what to do going forwards. Could lose place.
Matip - 7 What a free. Our best defender just needs to play more often.
Lovren - 6 Improvement but still a lot of mistakes and very erratic.
Milner - 6 much better than Moreno defensively but slows the game down cutting in.
Can - 7 Rubbish at the start but looked quality in DM second half of season
Wijnaldum - 7 Quiet most of the time but had an impact when it mattered. Good, not great.
Lallana - 7 Started well, faded after injury. Not great second half of season.
Mane - 8 Briliant, just a shame he missed so many games
Firmino - 7 Worked hard and scored some important goals but doesn't have the quality to lead the line. Anonymous in alot of games and wasteful at times.
Coutinho - 8 Started the season looking word class and finished it looking world class. Shame about the injury in the middle.

Others:
Karius 4 - Disaster
Klavan 5 - Had some good games and some disasters. Backup only.
Lucas 6 - Credible, Ok when in midfield and did his best at CB but should never have played there and cost us points when he did.
Henderson - 6 Was having a decent season but missed too many games.
Sturridge 4 - Barely played and only impacted 1-2 games when he did.
Origi 6 - Works hard but lacking quality.

Others not done enough to get a rating.

C
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
C
An astute appraisal Welshie. But credit must be given to Jurgen Klopp also because I doubt if the players would have performed as well without his leadership.
Interestingly I saw a panel discussion on ESPN with Steve Nicol who reckons we need 5 or 6 new signings who are "game changers" and I would agree with him also.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Originally Posted By welshred11
Mignolet - 8 Best season for us so far. Earned another season as no 1.
Clyne - 6 Ok defensively, doesn't really know what to do going forwards. Could lose place.
Matip - 7 What a free. Our best defender just needs to play more often.
Lovren - 6 Improvement but still a lot of mistakes and very erratic.
Milner - 6 much better than Moreno defensively but slows the game down cutting in.
Can - 7 Rubbish at the start but looked quality in DM second half of season
Wijnaldum - 7 Quiet most of the time but had an impact when it mattered. Good, not great.
Lallana - 7 Started well, faded after injury. Not great second half of season.
Mane - 8 Briliant, just a shame he missed so many games
Firmino - 7 Worked hard and scored some important goals but doesn't have the quality to lead the line. Anonymous in alot of games and wasteful at times.
Coutinho - 8 Started the season looking word class and finished it looking world class. Shame about the injury in the middle.

Others:
Karius 4 - Disaster
Klavan 5 - Had some good games and some disasters. Backup only.
Lucas 6 - Credible, Ok when in midfield and did his best at CB but should never have played there and cost us points when he did.
Henderson - 6 Was having a decent season but missed too many games.
Sturridge 4 - Barely played and only impacted 1-2 games when he did.
Origi 6 - Works hard but lacking quality.

Others not done enough to get a rating.

Sounds about right to me aswell.

But just a question: Did he take an English word class at the beginning of the season? Didn't know that! grin

W
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
W
I would probably agree with all of those ratings.
It makes Jürgen's job so much harder in the summer when you realize our squad is thin as a thread.

I wouldn't have given any player 8, they all suffer from inconsistent performance's game to game.

P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
agree with those

M
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
M
Can't agree with mignolet getting an 8. 7 at best.

He was dropped at the start of the season and he was poor for most of it, still made some mistakes but also some match winning saves.

Origi is still young and yet to play as our main striker. Often thrown out on the wing, we used to praise kuyt for his work rate without any goals or assists. Origi works very hard too. 6 is harsh.

Wijnaldum has been one of our best players after mane and coutinho. He's a future captain for me and he'll be massive for us next year.

Good ratings tho

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Mignolet 6 are we forgetting his mistakes? , Lovren 3 struggled all season, Klopp 8. Rest looks good.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Snakeye
Mignolet 6 are we forgetting his mistakes? , Lovren 3 struggled all season, Klopp 8. Rest looks good.

Mignolet didn't do too many mistakes after getting back the number 1 position, so 6 is too low IMO, 7 is about right. 3 is well below average, I would say Lovren was just above so 6 for me.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Mr Bojangles

He was dropped at the start of the season and he was poor for most of it, still made some mistakes but also some match winning saves.

Origi is still young and yet to play as our main striker. Often thrown out on the wing, we used to praise kuyt for his work rate without any goals or assists. Origi works very hard too. 6 is harsh.

Wijnaldum has been one of our best players after mane and coutinho. He's a future captain for me and he'll be massive for us next year.

Good ratings tho

Origi doesn't deserve more than 6, he played more as a central striker at least since Mane got injured. Is he any much younger than Kane? I would get rid quickly, for me even Caroll is a better striker.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By RedsforChampions
Originally Posted By Mr Bojangles

Good ratings tho

Origi doesn't deserve more than 6, he played more as a central striker at least since Mane got injured. Is he any much younger than Kane? I would get rid quickly, for me even Caroll is a better striker.

About three years younger. . .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion