Rate Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
paul66 Offline OP
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
P
To me, he has the most ability of anybody in the squad. The problem is he is a striker and what is his output over the last few years?

Hopefully West ham come in with 30m for him in the summmer

W
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
W
If he scores vs Middlesbrough, maybe everyone will forget him playing 24 times in 100 games and offer 30million for him.

If Everton lose Lukaku, maybe we could swap him for Ross Barkley.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Chris2402
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Just shows you what a top class striker he is, if Origi would have got the same one on one how many of us would have been confident of him getting the goal??? that was a big goal that settled us down, just shows if Sturridge leaves, we need a top class replacement.

Origi had a good game today, but he will never be a striker/goal scorer like Sturridge is.

I actually thought Origi was poor again today, I know he scored but for me his all round game is non-existent. When you compare the game intelligence and ability of Sturridge to Origi, they really are world's apart.

I guess that's my point really, Origi will never be able to replace Sturridge, they are completely different and he just doesn't have it to score 20+ goals per season, so we need to replace Sturridge, if he leaves or not, as if he stays, we can't rely on him to play 30+ games.

I'm hoping Ings will be able to get some goals next season, but after his injuries, who knows how he will be, so we cannot rely on him.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By sixtiesred
Look if Danny is ok to play a bit part he's a good no#2 or 3 as you will never get a full season out of him but the west ham game shows we need to sign a top striker wether Danny's stays or goes. Imo

He looked quite unhappy to be subbed just after getting some advice from Klopp on the sideline. Not sure what it was all about

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By RedsforChampions
Originally Posted By sixtiesred
Look if Danny is ok to play a bit part he's a good no#2 or 3 as you will never get a full season out of him but the west ham game shows we need to sign a top striker wether Danny's stays or goes. Imo

He looked quite unhappy to be subbed just after getting some advice from Klopp on the sideline. Not sure what it was all about

He seemed ok when he came off, I guess he didn't want to be brought off, which is good ! I'm guessing Klopp didn't want to risk an injury with Middlesbrough coming up and the game won.

Muj Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Just shows you what a top class striker he is, if Origi would have got the same one on one how many of us would have been confident of him getting the goal??? that was a big goal that settled us down, just shows if Sturridge leaves, we need a top class replacement.

Origi had a good game today, but he will never be a striker/goal scorer like Sturridge is.

what do you mean *if sturridge leaves* ... we need one regardless. Sturridge hasnt been there for us when needed.

Steven Gerrard: Heartbeat of LFC.

football is fuckingg cruel
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Muj

what do you mean *if sturridge leaves* ... we need one regardless. Sturridge hasnt been there for us when needed.

Yep, completely agree, I said that later:

I guess that's my point really, Origi will never be able to replace Sturridge, they are completely different and he just doesn't have it to score 20+ goals per season, so we need to replace Sturridge, if he leaves or not, as if he stays, we can't rely on him to play 30+ games.

He might be abit like Migs, who seems to respond to the pressure of losing his place, the best we saw of Sturridge is when Suarez was playing alongside him, he seemed to raise his game to compete with Suarez and hardly missed any games, he couldn't have been 100% all the time like he appears to be now to decide he will play.

Last edited by ecnirp98; 15/05/17 09:13 PM.
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
I can also see us going for a winger/striker who can play across the front line, like a Mane, rather than an all out striker like Sturridge.

I hope Ings comes back and gets a go, but with the injuries he has endured, it's hard to say how he will look.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
There should be No sentiment for such a crippled cvnt like Sturridge! He has milked this club and has never truly gave the impression he ever wanted to be with us. Good riddance if anybody is foolish enough to want him because he'll do exacty the same to them as us!

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Originally Posted By Redneckscouser
There should be No sentiment for such a crippled cvnt like Sturridge! He has milked this club and has never truly gave the impression he ever wanted to be with us. Good riddance if anybody is foolish enough to want him because he'll do exacty the same to them as us!

Your language is wholly inappropriate

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion