Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By elimmel
Peter Lim is a well known Manu fan.
The only reason he made a bid was cos he sniffed a good deal.
And that's different from FSG in what way?
It's not like their intentions were for us to seriously compete for a title.

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Broughton is covering his a*se, effectively manipulating information now in the public domain. We will never get to know the full truth of what was going on behind the scenes. We can all speculate and those involved will twist their side.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By RedsforChampions
[quote=Redneckscouser]Bill Gates and a host of billionaiores the world over were "SUPPOSEDLY" approached back in 2010 to buy the club.

It's easy to throw out names after the fact especially because nobody NOW is impervious to criticism. I refute there were only 2 interested parties...DIC and Robert Kraft had previously been very serious in purchasing us. The fact Broughton is speaking now whilst fans are questioning the current owners, speaks volumes to me that he throws Peter Lim out there indirectly, because of the court case going on in New York!
[/quote

Kraft did not go ahead after being courted for years because he saw no financial sense especially with no wage cap. DIC was close to buy but didn't want to go in a bidding war as they already had a gentlemen's agreement. I don't know who else would wish to buy for a minimum of 600m GBP plus some 500m you would like to have to build the team. They will need to spend some 1 Billion to maybe make a small profit at best. Do you see this realistic?

If you are correct there is no one in the world to own us other than John Henry then our future is truly bleak

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
[quote=Redneckscouser]Bill Gates and a host of billionaiores the world over were "SUPPOSEDLY" approached back in 2010 to buy the club.

It's easy to throw out names after the fact especially because nobody NOW is impervious to criticism. I refute there were only 2 interested parties...DIC and Robert Kraft had previously been very serious in purchasing us. The fact Broughton is speaking now whilst fans are questioning the current owners, speaks volumes to me that he throws Peter Lim out there indirectly, because of the court case going on in New York!
[/quote

Kraft did not go ahead after being courted for years because he saw no financial sense especially with no wage cap. DIC was close to buy but didn't want to go in a bidding war as they already had a gentlemen's agreement. I don't know who else would wish to buy for a minimum of 600m GBP plus some 500m you would like to have to build the team. They will need to spend some 1 Billion to maybe make a small profit at best. Do you see this realistic?

If you are correct there is no one in the world to own us other than John Henry then our future is truly bleak

You may have a very wealthy fan who would be happy to put a Billion in the club just for pleasure or fame but not to get his money back or even decent returns. I don't know who that can be. You can also get somebody who wants to launder his money, I don't know how easy that is in UK. Otherwise it will be investors who won't be much better than FSG and could be worse. Do you have anybody in mind?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By lumba
Originally Posted By elimmel
Peter Lim is a well known Manu fan.
The only reason he made a bid was cos he sniffed a good deal.
And that's different from FSG in what way?
It's not like their intentions were for us to seriously compete for a title.

I am sure FSG would like us to compete for the title and win, however, not at any cost.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
How mutually beneficial was this 2 part article for both Broughton and The FSG PR extension Liverpool Echo?

Peter Lim was outed at the end of February in the court case in New York. Just over a month later we have Broughton singing like a bird to James Pearce?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Redneckscouser
How mutually beneficial was this 2 part article for both Broughton and The FSG PR extension Liverpool Echo?

Peter Lim was outed at the end of February in the court case in New York. Just over a month later we have Broughton singing like a bird to James Pearce?

What's your point? There was somebody better who wanted to buy the club from RBS? I am not sure to understand

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
[/quote]What's your point? There was somebody better who wanted to buy the club from RBS? I am not sure to understand

We shouldn't be taking it as the truth what Broughton has said in this article!

He had 7 years for this "exclusive", so why now?

He even stated that he pushed for NESV now FSG because he thought he would get support from them if he were sued!

As previously stated we will never know the full truth about all interested parties. Mill Financial stated that they could have bid for the club also but were obstructed by Broughton, RBS and their cohorts. How many other interested parties were potentially obstructed we'll never know.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Redneckscouser
What's your point? There was somebody better who wanted to buy the club from RBS? I am not sure to understand

We shouldn't be taking it as the truth what Broughton has said in this article!

He had 7 years for this "exclusive", so why now?

He even stated that he pushed for NESV now FSG because he thought he would get support from them if he were sued!

As previously stated we will never know the full truth about all interested parties. Mill Financial stated that they could have bid for the club also but were obstructed by Broughton, RBS and their cohorts. How many other interested parties were potentially obstructed we'll never know.

[/quote]

We'll probably never know but it doesn't look like any oligarch or sheikh made a bid

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
We know there were 2 official bids...that has come out into the public domain from the court case at the end of February. However there's more information coming out that Broughton was making sure he came out of it with the least amount of personal damage to himself.

I cannot believe there was no other interested parties at the 300 mill FSG...in their words...stole us for! They started with a blank canvas...no debt. We are a sleeping giant, hugely supported the world over, the potential of our brand, especially how The Premier League has grown is infinite.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion