Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC
Not so bad... but still bad, very very bad as Faz would say. In that scenario they will finish the season with two trophies, a guranteed CL spot for next season and the added bonus of then being able to attract top players next season.

We on the otherhand would have to play early games next season with the risk of being knocked out before the season starts. We would also have to wait till they and the others had first dibs on the top players. We'd be left with the fat kid that gets picked last in the school playground... aka Roland... or Growler (wearing a Mane shirt with his belly hanging out!) crazy

Might as well finish 5th or lower and not bother then!

T
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
T
In fact... he doesn't even get picked. He kind of sheepishly walks towards one of the teams by default after the lad before him gets picked whilst everyone else has already turned away. Kind of like us signing Balotelli frown

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
T
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
T
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Not so bad... but still bad, very very bad as Faz would say. In that scenario they will finish the season with two trophies, a guranteed CL spot for next season and the added bonus of then being able to attract top players next season.

We on the otherhand would have to play early games next season with the risk of being knocked out before the season starts. We would also have to wait till they and the others had first dibs on the top players. We'd be left with the fat kid that gets picked last in the school playground... aka Roland... or Growler (wearing a Mane shirt with his belly hanging out!) crazy

There is actuall a case for that. But I'd rather finish 3rd or higher to avoid that debate. smile

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

That will be after we get CL and sell our best players.

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C
Originally Posted By paul66
Originally Posted By Chris2402
Originally Posted By paul66
I don't know about you guys. But in my job if there is a problem it is pointed out. We don't bury our heads in the sand and say everything is great, when it's not.

I work on projects and even if the project went really well.The first question that is asked is how could it have went better. How can we improve. Seem to be an issue on here when something is questioned about a poor performance or results or transfers.

As I've said to you before, I have absolutely no issue with issues being pointed out or addressed, but I do take an issue with ignorning all positives and focusing only on negatives, which happens on here a lot.

If you want to sit there and tell me that in your job you don't focus on any positives, only the negatives and improvements, I'll be amazed and wonder how you stay motivated?

Plenty of thanks in my job. But discussing problems is part of work, always trying to improve is part of my work no matter how well you do. There is always ways to improve if you don't do that then you get left behind.

Season for me is great first half. January was an absolute joke and now we are stumbling home because of that. I see a problem it was January it annoy the [oops] out of me why we do this over and over. It's not a once off. Problem is there fix it and don't [oops] people with stories of new buses and great things when they are not

Exactly, so you look at both the positives and negatives to give a balanced overview of the situation. This isn't happening on here and this is the cause of frustration for me.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Have to say I'm enjoying it. There's been plenty of good performances to go along with all the negativity that infests this place.

Surely all these ups and downs is what makes supporting football so much fun?

Yes, although I think we're enjoying it at the moment because recently we've managed to avoid losing and others have dropped points too. If we had slipped down the table to say 5th we might have a different view.

Also, I'm a little fearful that it'll go down to the last kick of the last day when we might suddenly get overtaken. I think that's probably unlikely though. the more worrying concern might be the effect of you know who winning the Europa League or even Leicester winning the Champions League! crazy

The ups and downs are what makes it enjoyable. If we slip away then I won't be happy but would still have enjoyed the ride.

If utd win the Europa, 4th still get into the ecl I believe so it's not so bad for us.

Yep, I think the rule is no league can have more than 5 teams in the CL, so if Utd win EL, the only way 4th place loses CL is if Leicester also win CL, so EL & CL winners + top 3.

I hope we keep the pressure on Man City, 3rd place would mean no CL qualification games, disrupting pre-season and harder to sign players till we have CL confirmation.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By sixtiesred
Utd 3-0 v Sunderland keeps the pressure up those lost opportunities v utd at home and lower teams could come back and bite us badly ?

Maybe, allot of game to play, our rivals have games against each other, so lots of permutations on how it can work for us, I don't think anyone really expected Sunderland to get anything against Man Utd, Utd have an away midweek Europa League game, then they play Chelsea, so we will see how they deal with that.

Arsenal have a difficult away game against CP tomorrow, so that will be a test for them, Hopefully Sakho plays a blinder for us !!!

Last edited by ecnirp98; 09/04/17 10:31 PM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Originally Posted By sixtiesred
Utd 3-0 v Sunderland keeps the pressure up those lost opportunities v utd at home and lower teams could come back and bite us badly ?

Maybe, allot of game to play, our rivals have games against each other, so lots of permutations on how it can work for us, I don't think anyone really expected Sunderland to get anything against Man Utd, Utd have an away midweek Europa League game, then they play Chelsea, so we will see how they deal with that.

Arsenal have a difficult away game against CP tomorrow, so that will be a test for them, Hopefully Sakho plays a blinder for us !!!

So you have hopes on one of our rejects to help us now? We should instead rely on ourselves if we deserve it

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Originally Posted By Chris2402
Since the beginning of January, watching our team play has been excruciating.

Imagine being a backseat passenger in a car being driven in the wrong direction on a motorway. Add to that failing brakes, a jammed accelerator, no seatbelts, locked doors and a crazy driver! That my friends is how it feels at the moment.

It's not yet over too. We have 7 more games, 2 more months of this torture to get through crazy

I suppose we could say that at least it's not boring. Would any of us rather be 20 games unbeaten but in 6th place?

If we think of it as just a game ... and given that we know it won't really kill us, we may as well look on the bright side and enjoy the ride smile

The disappointing thing though is that all the pain and sadistic pleasure is simply to see if we can finish in 3rd or 4th place. There's no prospect of winning anything at the end of it. Even if we finish 4th we could even get the benefits taken away from us (i think) if other teams win other competitions.

Is this what Klopp had in mind when he talked of Heavy Metal Football?! How much more can we take? crazy

Just to confirm something, the season didn't start in January you know. So if you want to analyse it properly, look at the whole season, of which there has been plenty of positives as well as negatives.

I'll counteract your post with a couple of positives if that's allowed:

- Unbeaten in 10 games against the other 5 teams in the top 6
- Two wins over Everton
- Highest scoring team in the Premiership

Negatives:

- Poor defensively
- Inability to shut down an oppositions strong points, Leicester away and a high defensive line against Jamie Vardy comes to mind
- A lack of squad depth

I believe finishing in the top 4 will be a decent season, I'd have liked to have seen a better run in one of the cups, if not both. To improve we need regular Champions League qualification, which is getting harder and harder because there are now 6 Champions League quality teams and managers in our league!

Wow Chris, that's something I can wholeheartedly agree on! True every word and exactly how I feel too!

From time to time I feel You can be a bit too optimistic for my liking, but this was a prefectly balanced post IMO! smile

C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C
Originally Posted By van Gogh

Wow Chris, that's something I can wholeheartedly agree on! True every word and exactly how I feel too!

From time to time I feel You can be a bit too optimistic for my liking, but this was a prefectly balanced post IMO! smile

Thank you sir!

Believe it or not I don't class myself as overly optimistic, I just try and balance negatives against positives and get very frustrated with constant criticism of players, management and the club in general.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion