Rate Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Originally Posted By Chris2402
Originally Posted By van Gogh
We also need players who are (significantly) better than the ones we already are in possession of.

Ox isn't even close to that.

We only have Mane who plays like Ox ( Ox is nowhere near as good), so Ox is not really a replacement for anyone, he will be backup for Mane I guess/extra winger, so times like now when Mane is out, we'd have Ox, who is much better than the alternative wingers who we don't have.

I'd prefer us to go for Mahrez, much better all round player, scores goals and needs to move on to progress, or maybe Tadic, who I think we have more chance to get, he's in and out at Southampton atm, but another Southampton player!!! Navas is worth considering as well, he's a free in the summer I think, be good cover at least for Mane if he's not a regular starter.

Mahrez is a one season wonder, or should I say was a one season wonder, he's done literally nothing this season. He wouldn't get into our first team, when everyone is fit, not in my opinion.

Tadic flatters to deceive a lot of the time, just speak to Southampton fans and Jesus Navas at City is awful, he's an attacking right winger who hasn't scored a goal in like 2 years!

I was seeing Navas more as a free option who we could get, not someone who's going to be a massive improvement, he's be more an option if we lost Mane or to chuck on for an injection of pace to stretch teams, he's not played that much at City, so has a few years in him.

I disagree on Mahrez, I know what you mean about him being a 1 season wonder, but you don't play like he did for a season by chance/luck, he didn't have a few good games, he did a whole season, you could label the whole Leicester team as 1 season wonders as they've all had a bad season this year, I still think in the right team, with the right motivation/coaching, we could bring the best out of him and after this bad season, I reckon he will want to move on.

You could say similar things about Mane before he joined us that are being said about Tadic, wingers are notorious for flattering to deceive, in & out of games, so I think whoever we buy as a winger/cover for Mane (which we need to) will be a risk.

Zaha is the latest to be hyped, he's looked good, but I'm sure Palace will want silly money, he's also now playing for Ivory Coast, so we'd be losing him for Internationals the same time we lose Mane, so that wouldn't help much.

Hopefully Klopp can Identify another Mane, but every other manager will be trying to do the same !!!

I feel we'll go for Zaha for Sakho+15m

C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C

I was seeing Navas more as a free option who we could get, not someone who's going to be a massive improvement, he's be more an option if we lost Mane or to chuck on for an injection of pace to stretch teams, he's not played that much at City, so has a few years in him.

I disagree on Mahrez, I know what you mean about him being a 1 season wonder, but you don't play like he did for a season by chance/luck, he didn't have a few good games, he did a whole season, you could label the whole Leicester team as 1 season wonders as they've all had a bad season this year, I still think in the right team, with the right motivation/coaching, we could bring the best out of him and after this bad season, I reckon he will want to move on.

You could say similar things about Mane before he joined us that are being said about Tadic, wingers are notorious for flattering to deceive, in & out of games, so I think whoever we buy as a winger/cover for Mane (which we need to) will be a risk.

Zaha is the latest to be hyped, he's looked good, but I'm sure Palace will want silly money, he's also now playing for Ivory Coast, so we'd be losing him for Internationals the same time we lose Mane, so that wouldn't help much.

Hopefully Klopp can Identify another Mane, but every other manager will be trying to do the same !!!

Mahrez is 26 years old, he's had one exceptional season in his career, the rest have been very average. He is the perfect definition of a one season wonder, if he was a top player he'd had shown in across numerous seasons, not one!

With regards to Navas, there is absolutely no point in bolstering the squad with stop gaps, he turns 32 in November and would command high wages. I'd much rather see a Harry Wilson or Ben Woodburn get opportunities ahead of someone who is well past it and really would offer nothing in terms of a threat, he doesn't score or assist and is an attacking midfielder!

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Mahrez,Zaha and Navas..what a pile of junk .

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By lumba
Mahrez,Zaha and Navas..what a pile of junk .

So who do you want to buy?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I'd rather stay away from average players Vish.

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Which obviously won't happen as this seems acceptable to many,but at least we won't be going into administration eh,happy days.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Which obviously won't happen as this seems acceptable to many,but at least we won't be going into administration eh,happy days.

For a club that was so close to administration, not going into it is great. Would you be ok for us to spend very big, win the league and go into administration some years after like Rangers for example?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I'd rather stay away from average players Vish.

Didn't you consider Wijnaldum or even Mane average?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
There was no doubting Mane's talent from me Vish although others weren't too sure whistle

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I like Wij but he's not in the same league as Mane or those we should be looking at,maybe 4 really special players to go along with the good the bad and the ugly ,is that too much to ask for?

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion