Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C
If anyone wants to know what's actually going on at Barca I suggest they follow or read Guillem Balague's columns.

They most probably will replace Luis Enrique in the Summer, but Klopp isn't on their shortlist according to Balague. They are very interested in the Sevilla and Atletic Bilbao managers, the most likely Premiership candidates appear to be Pochettino and Koeman.

I've copied and pasted the below from Balague's latest column on SkySports:

Any truth in Barca being interested in Klopp to replace Luis Enrique? What about Wenger? (@Red1007)

Barcelona have no interest in Klopp or Wenger. As far as Klopp is concerned, it is not because he isn't good - he quite clearly is - but rather because there is no way they could ever coax him away from Liverpool. Wenger, meanwhile does not figure in their plans.

Here is the link as well:
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/1...iques-successor

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Jaysus this place is as mad as a bag of frogs sometimes.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Chris2402
If anyone wants to know what's actually going on at Barca I suggest they follow or read Guillem Balague's columns.

They most probably will replace Luis Enrique in the Summer, but Klopp isn't on their shortlist according to Balague. They are very interested in the Sevilla and Atletic Bilbao managers, the most likely Premiership candidates appear to be Pochettino and Koeman.

I've copied and pasted the below from Balague's latest column on SkySports:

Any truth in Barca being interested in Klopp to replace Luis Enrique? What about Wenger? (@Red1007)

Barcelona have no interest in Klopp or Wenger. As far as Klopp is concerned, it is not because he isn't good - he quite clearly is - but rather because there is no way they could ever coax him away from Liverpool. Wenger, meanwhile does not figure in their plans.

Here is the link as well:
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/1...iques-successor

Come on Chris, lets not let the most likely truth get in the way of a good (completely bonkers) conspiracy theory!

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Good read in that link Chris, but he did sidestep the question about Henry's interest or non interest in players, ome can be there to negotiate without doing the scouting as he implied the question was about. If Henry didn't go to watch football as we can be certain he didn't, what was he doing there, just passing/wasting time?...yeah, ha ha!

C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C
Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58
Good read in that link Chris, but he did sidestep the question about Henry's interest or non interest in players, ome can be there to negotiate without doing the scouting as he implied the question was about. If Henry didn't go to watch football as we can be certain he didn't, what was he doing there, just passing/wasting time?...yeah, ha ha!

Fair comment, I don't think any of us know what was discussed. It wouldn't surprise me if it was Coutinho but if it was, he's our player on a long-term contract so we hold all the cards, however all that means is that we can negotiate a higher fee when Barca come calling for him, which they will, although I don't think it will be this Summer.

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Yeah I hope they don't try to pinch him off us this summer either. Is Ter Stegen (spelling!) still at Barca? Klopp is said to be keen on him, so maybe Henry was trying to negotiate something there, but to be honest I think it'd be something at the cheaper end of the scale. We'll probably know more about it by the end of the summer window.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Yeah I hope they don't try to pinch him off us this summer either. Is Ter Stegen (spelling!) still at Barca? Klopp is said to be keen on him, so maybe Henry was trying to negotiate something there, but to be honest I think it'd be something at the cheaper end of the scale. We'll probably know more about it by the end of the summer window.

Ter Stegen is pretty much the Number 1 now with Bravo going to City, so I cannot see them selling/swapping him.

I hope Coutinho stays a few years, I think Klopp will get the best out of him and improve him, Barca are a declining force atm, allot of players are aging and need replacing, looks like the manager will leave, so I would wait and see if I was Coutinho.

P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
I don't think he will be sold this summer as he has not reached his peak value unless Barca come up with a very good offer. He will be sold in the next 2 seasons I would say though as he is coming into his peak and I think will be one of the best players in the premier league in next year or two

moneyball.........

Last edited by paul66; 22/02/17 10:52 PM.
C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C

I wouldn't have Ter Stegen, I watch a lot of La Liga and I don't rate him much at all. If we were looking at a goalkeeper in Spain it should be Jan Oblak at Atletico Madrid, not that I think we have a chance of signing him.

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
I'm slowly reviewing my opinion on Hart, mistake prone yes, but not as regular as what we have. We can't sit like rabbits in the headlights, we need a new keeper in this summer window, and then we need a fair few outfield players as well. There can be no excuses this summer.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion