Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
W
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
W
Now I don't want any bickering, but I feel that these are the areas we need to improve before we can win the title. I'm not interested in the phoney top 4 rubbish either, if we finish 2nd or 10th we still failed to win the title regardless.

Here is what we need to improve before we win a title.

1) A top class keeper. Mignolet or Karius fail to inspire the team.

2) Stop playing square pegs in round holes. Milner is not a defender, neither is Lucas.

3) Investment, our team is not good enough to win the title, we are short in all areas of the pitch.

4) New owners, FSG don't care about the club, they are just in it for the money. We had a negative net spend in the summer, nothing this window, they are clearly more serious about the money than trophies. Time to get rid.

5) Leadership. Nothing on the pitch, where is our. Gerrard, Keane, Adams, Souness, even Joey Barton would show more leadership than our bunch of prima donna's.

6) Anfield crowd, even Klopp mentioned it today, quieter than a library, hardly intimidating to the opposition.

7) Too many average players. How many would get into past great Liverpool teams.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Cech and Lavezzi.

W
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
W
Cech and Lavezzi would be improvements in our current team.

Good input Wikipedia.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
What are they not already here? I'm sure you mentioned something about them signing?

W
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
W
Check out Lfc official for our current squad wikipedia ��

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
But didn't you promise they were going to sign? Couldn't have been made up surely?

I'm glad you realize that I'm the font of all knowledge by the way.

C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C
Originally Posted By Welsh_Wizard
Cech and Lavezzi would be improvements in our current team.

Good input Wikipedia.

Better input than anything you've ever posted.

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
Now I don't want any bickering, but I feel that these are the areas we need to improve before we can win the title. I'm not interested in the phoney top 4 rubbish either, if we finish 2nd or 10th we still failed to win the title regardless.

Mignolet is quite good now I feel. Not ideal but he's doing quite well.

2) Stop playing square pegs in round holes. Milner is not a defender, neither is Lucas.
Milner has done well... but yes, he should only be a short term solution. Lucas is a good servant whistle ... to be fair, he has done well for us in the past, but yes... the team needs to develop to the next stage.

3) Investment, our team is not good enough to win the title, we are short in all areas of the pitch.
No one expected Klopp to deliver a title so soon. Hopefully he's laying the foundations by starting with the mentality of the players and the approach of the team. Perhaps he will make quality additions slowly over a period of time.

4) New owners, FSG don't care about the club, they are just in it for the money. We had a negative net spend in the summer, nothing this window, they are clearly more serious about the money than trophies. Time to get rid.
Be careful what you wish for. Look what that Paul Lim has done to Valencia... and he was one of the guys that was trying to buy LFC i think. I'd stick with FSG for now.

5) Leadership. Nothing on the pitch, where is our. Gerrard, Keane, Adams, Souness, even Joey Barton would show more leadership than our bunch of prima donna's.
Hopefully, Klopp will develop someone soon.

6) Anfield crowd, even Klopp mentioned it today, quieter than a library, hardly intimidating to the opposition.
It's all the long term season ticket who are now in their 50s, 60s and 70s. The likes of out Stan. You can't expect them to sing and shout. Need a policy to ensure that there's a new fresh element to the crowd every season.

7) Too many average players. How many would get into past great Liverpool teams.
The past is the past. Don't compare. we have some decent players who do well and provide us with good entertainment. Let's enjoy it... but yes, we'd also like to see improvemnets.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S

I was trying really hard to take this seriously and then I saw the words Joey Barton and leadership in the same sentence.

Jesus wept. It's like a riot in a crèche on here whenever we lose.

Last edited by Shaggydog; 21/01/17 11:12 PM.
T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
Originally Posted By Shaggydog

I was trying really hard to take this seriously and then I saw the words Joey Barton and leadership in the same sentence.

Jesus wept. It's like a riot in a crèche on here whenever we lose.

haha... I didn't notice the Joey Barton reference.

on the subject of today's game though, it's not just a loss is it. We lost to Southampton in the cup ... but that was understandable. We had a bad day and it was just 0-1. We had two shaky games agaisnt Plymouth... but we played youngsters so that's ok. We drew away to Sunderland... that's fine - it was away and these things happen.

But today was a home game against a bottom three side in a situation when we belive that we have the talent to compete for the title. Even so, a 1-0 defeat might be understandable... but we conceded three goals - that's what makes it very concerning.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion