Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player

I've been looking forward to seeing the usual bite and anger we usually associate with these derbies but I was left disappointed by the manner in which the game was officiated and the ill-discipline that wasn't acted upon.

Pogba wasn't booked for the clear handball, yet Lovren was booked for sliding and winning the ball from Martial, who went down without a genuine touch.

Then Firmino is targeted by Herrera late on, who goes down clutching his face when Firmino pushes him in the chest, to get booked again.

We had Pogba throttle Henderson to the ground, which should have been a second penalty, and a second yellow for Pogba for physical assault.

Where in the past, hatred for opposition players in derbies was because they were talented but United through and through - Neville for example, I'm starting to really hate the manner in which conning the referee is now just exaggerated in these kind of games in the hope of cheating an advantage, rather than earning it with actual talent.

Pogba, Martial and Herrera are not players I dislike for talent, I dislike for unsporting behaviour and blatant cheating. Anything else anybody noticed in the game?

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Herrera holding his face was pathetic, was also stupid for Firmino to lash out, it gives the ref a decision, he could easily have got sent off (wrongly)

I thought Rooney's tackle was the worst.

The ref was pretty poor, we got silly yellow cards when Man Utd did allot worse and got away with it, how did Pogba not get a yellow card for the handball?

Last edited by ecnirp98; 15/01/17 10:04 PM.
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
Yeah, Rooney's challenge was poor. Certainly a yellow card.

Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
Originally Posted By jjmelling/Stato

We had Pogba throttle Henderson to the ground, which should have been a second penalty, and a second yellow for Pogba for physical assault.

Hate united as much as the next guy but it would be a bit harsh to give a penalty for fouling our player in our box... Also I'm pretty sure the Lovren yellow was not for the challenge but for his mouthing off to the ref. Regardless of that, the decisions were definitely a bit one sided in the game.

Of the current crop of united players, Herrera for me stands head and shoulders above the others for cuntish behaviour on the pitch. Good player, but [oops].

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Yer only ever going to get shyte from an owld toilet. sick

X
xvx Offline
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
X
Fellini annoys me.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Ashley Young. Diving little runt.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Don't know about players but as for their fans Trevor wainwright really gets up my nose

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
G
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
G
All of them !!!

C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Ashley Young. Diving little runt.

Spot on, he's been the biggest cheat in English football for years, but nobody ever criticises because he's English. If a foreign player did what Young does every time he plays he'd been absolutely slaughtered!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion