Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 53 1 2 3 4 5 52 53
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
The pound I understand was overvalued anyway and a low currency is not always bad there are pros and cons. The main problem (and I have said this consistently) is uncertainty the government now need to get on with it and fast apart from our low interest rates relative to the dollar the uncertainty is the other factor driving the pound down.

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
[/quote]But at least we'll have our sovreignty back and no Johnny foreigners stealing what jobs we have left crazy

or blowing you up to smithereens!

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I'm sure if someone wants to blow Wilki up they will do so regardless.

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
The pound I understand was overvalued anyway and a low currency is not always bad there are pros and cons. The main problem (and I have said this consistently) is uncertainty the government now need to get on with it and fast apart from our low interest rates relative to the dollar the uncertainty is the other factor driving the pound down.

Oh so the pound was over valued and now it's low it's OK? Couldn't make this up! The only reason it's good is for exports and that'll only be short term. Once we leave and are hit with import and export duties and all our prices go up we'll start feeling it.

The average Joe will be feeling it already though with fuel and food increasing and when you're scraping to make ends meet it'll feel even worse. The irony is those people will be the ones who voted leave.

The government will sort things out and those criticising them, I don't know what they expected. Did you think they'd have all the answers straight away? It'll take time to work out a strategy and exactly what they want for the good of everyone. I find it laughable that Corbyn is having a dig at them after his less than weak performance in the lead up to the vote. But ultimately we won't get half of what was promised by the liars in the leave camp so hey ho.

Pickles #545394 13/10/16 08:41 AM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Redneckscouser
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
But at least we'll have our sovreignty back and no Johnny foreigners stealing what jobs we have left crazy

or blowing you up to smithereens! [/quote]

Yeah because that happens daily crazy You've said some really stupid things on here but that's right up there.

Last edited by wilkij1975; 13/10/16 08:41 AM.
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
I don't have all the answers no but like the majority of voters in this country I voted to leave I said from day one there will be turbulence there,s bound to be pluses and minuses so far the worst that's happened is petrol is forecast to increase by a few pence not good no but hardly Armageddon as predicted by the now discredited project fear. They are not going to reverse the result so let's make the best of things I think overall we will be better off remember staying in the EU was not without risk either

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Well it just looks like what those pesky experts were saying is coming to pass. I know it's early days but those who are worst off now and voted to leave will probably end up with an even shittier end of a stick now. Like you say, not Armageddon but not good when you're on the bread line and need to get about. Add to that food price increases as well and those who were fooled into thinking we'll be better off will be massively disappointed.

As you say, staying wasn't without risk but as things stand we have a pound that has fallen through the floor, a government who didn't want to leave but have to make the best of it and will get hammered either way, years of negotiating individual trade deals while paying high tariffs on the WTO rules, growth forecasts being down graded, years of re-doing our laws and constitution and maybe not all for the better and all this for what?

None of the promises by the leave side will come to fruition as we won't have free single market access without freedom of movement. There'll be no £350m for the NHS either. You can call the remain campaign project fear all you like but the leave side was most definitely project lie.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
I think most people voted to leave the EU because they did not like being in the EU and had made up their minds years ago it's no accident we were never offered a referendum before and only got one because Cameron was forced into it by political pressure I would like to bet if any of the other EU countries were offered a choice the result would be tight. Anyway let's see what this legal case brings today they might overturn the referendum by deciding what we think is irrelevant and it's for MP,s like nick clegg and ed milliband to decide

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
I think most people voted to leave the EU because they did not like being in the EU and had made up their minds years ago it's no accident we were never offered a referendum before and only got one because Cameron was forced into it by political pressure I would like to bet if any of the other EU countries were offered a choice the result would be tight. Anyway let's see what this legal case brings today they might overturn the referendum by deciding what we think is irrelevant and it's for MP,s like nick clegg and ed milliband to decide

Well we have to get on with it good or bad. I'm not sure many other European countries will follow suit though and I'd bet if we did a vote again now, knowing what we all know, it'd be a resounding remain win.

What's this court case then? Not read anything about that?

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S

Page 3 of 53 1 2 3 4 5 52 53

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion