Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#541822 25/08/16 06:00 PM
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
Most fans only appreciate the entertainment value of managers and players.

As soon as fans become bored they will want the manager sacked, players never to play for their club again, new owners etc.

This is one of the reasons why some players are more liked than others irrespective of their ability. For instance, Sakho. Shocking attitude, average ability for a Liverpool centre half, but very well liked.

Klopp is very charismatic, a big name, never been seen before in the Prem, comes from a big foreign club and isn't British. this is an ideal recipe for a manager to get the fans' backing (at least for the short-term).

Strip away the entertainment factor (which is a big thing because they're are so many casuals fans paying TV money making the league even richer), and Sakho really should be a problematic squad player, and Klopp a manager merely reaching levels set and at times surpassed by our previous manager.

If Klopp and Sakho really are top class performers I will give them time (like I am doing) and I will see it with my own eyes not dictated to by novelty dependent fans.

A
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
A
Red Sakho was one of Rodgers "marquee signings" and your criticizing him? He has had 1 or 2 run ins with things like leaving the stadium because he wasnt picked and acting up on tour in USA. But hes not as bad as you are making him out to be. And this is coming from someone who is probably the most critical of our team on this forum. Sakho was improving an awful lot last season and was getting better. People dont think hes a great CB because he looks awkward on the ball, even if he doesnt lose it. Hes one of our most loyal players, look at his instagram latley, and theres a vid/pic of him writingt about how much he appreciates LFC fans.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BI-BP9PDwZf/?taken-by=mamadousakho3

Look at that and criticize his attitude. Stopping for fans unlike some of the other much better and more liked players at the club.

Your assessment of Klopp is making him out to be in for a massive failure and acting as if our previous manager Rodgers was some sort of success story. Rodgers was a f*king failure. He was f*ked out of Reading and watford where the fans hated him especially at reading. At swansea he done well getting promoted with Martinez' team and did a decent 1 season. After that we was shocking for liverpool. Hes at celtic now struggling to beat teams from gibraltar who are a bunch of part time candle makers and some israeli team who are right next door to a warzone.

Remember after Rodgers left he said some of those signings werent his? Then why the f*k did he stay at Liverpool? Ill tell you why its because hes a money grabbing SoB who thinks he could convince the fans that he was in the right with some made up BS story in an interview. He was basically happy to take his wages every week to watch Liverpool do horrible in the League.

P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
OP. What I would like to know is Why do you continually question our current manager's ability? You have thread after thread from the day he arrived at Anfield nit picking at every little thing you can dig up that will portray him in a negative way.

This would all be OK. But the problem is that you have an agenda against Klopp. You can deny it all you want, but the reason you have an agenda against him is that you did not like that he replaced Rodgers. When Rodgers was in charge why did you not post threads like this? I never seen any. I did see plenty and still do of you nit picking! at every little positive stat or line in an article that would protray Rodgers in a positive light.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Red_Scouser
Most fans only appreciate the entertainment value of managers and players.

As soon as fans become bored they will want the manager sacked, players never to play for their club again, new owners etc.

This is one of the reasons why some players are more liked than others irrespective of their ability. For instance, Sakho. Shocking attitude, average ability for a Liverpool centre half, but very well liked.

Klopp is very charismatic, a big name, never been seen before in the Prem, comes from a big foreign club and isn't British. this is an ideal recipe for a manager to get the fans' backing (at least for the short-term).

Strip away the entertainment factor (which is a big thing because they're are so many casuals fans paying TV money making the league even richer), and Sakho really should be a problematic squad player, and Klopp a manager merely reaching levels set and at times surpassed by our previous manager.

If Klopp and Sakho really are top class performers I will give them time (like I am doing) and I will see it with my own eyes not dictated to by novelty dependent fans.

Klopp gets the backing of the fans because of his achievements, even at LFC, not even in his full season, he went to 2 cup finals, one European. Your Brendan hardly went beyond the group stages, so it is not about novelty, but results. What great thing did Rodgers do in his first season if I may ask?

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
This is turning out to be a battle between Klopp and Sakho. With the questionable attitude of the player the manager must win to support his position. At the same time it will help the club distance itself from his antics and serve as a reminder to anyone else wanting to rock the boat (Sturridge) that this will not be tolerated and nobody is bigger than the club.

Klopp obviously thinks the club can continue without him and that his replacements Klaven or Matip will do a similar or better job. It also puts another player out there to screw over our rivals. If they can't play for us get them playing in a side that will deprive the likes of Arsenal, Spurs, Scumchester, Citeh and Chelsea of a point here and there.

No point us paying all his wages if he won't be playing here much and we don't want him unsettling other players. Perhaps Sakho needs a wake up call and if he wants to work on getting his career back on track at club and for country he should take the opportunity to go to Stoke where the likes of Pulis will make him a better player than Klopp can.

This is win win situation.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
I love Klopp's charisma BUT I am now questioning his ability to change the status quo at Liverpool FC!
Yes he had success at Dortmund BUT we have to remember that, that league has very little in the way of competition other than Bayern Munich and clubs there other than Bayern operate on much smaller scale costs for personnel and he used a plan / tactics successfully until they were eventually sussed. I don't know if he has a Plan B in his armory? but I haven't seen it yet! It's also disconcerting that he has lost in his last 5 Cup Finals!

I am getting concerned that we are missing the boat on having a competitive team because of a flawed plan. The Premier League is the hardest league in world football because of the schedule and we knew that because of our failure in last season's Europa League Final our schedule got reduced for this season, meaning the team was going to be trimmed. But our acquisitions have been geared towards the top end of the field, when it was blatantly obvious our Achilles heel has been at the opposite end.
We acquired Karius for 4.7m, Klavan for 5m, Matip Free and Manninger Free... this does not bode well for me because we shipped our joint top amount of goals last season since the 50's! Our defence has been the most obvious area where we have failed time and time again especially in the FSG era.
Everybody loves a bargain but for me the quality desperately needed is just not there at the back and we are going to be tearing our hair out, yet again watching teams tear us apart at the back. This Sakho distraction is another to raise our eyebrows at because his misdemeanors happened on tour of the USA almost a month ago. Why are we now offering him up for loan with a threadbare backline, with sparrow fart amount of time to get a replacement in?
Surely paying for proven quality in our most vulnerable area would have paid dividends this season more than any, with our competition having much heavier schedules!
I'm yet to be convinced by Klopp, I hope he proves me wrong BUT I cannot get excited by his decisions or acquisitions so far!

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion