6. Arsenal

conservative prediction

1. Man City
2. Man Utd
3. Spurs
4. Arsenal
5. Liverpool
6. Chelsea

too early to predict though perhaps because all the transfers haven't been done, but I think we'll finish 3rd at most if that. maybe I'm overestimating man utd atm and whether imbra will be on fire or not. maybe I'm underestimating chelsea. surely tottenham will still up there with kane or could be a slow start again. leicester have made some good signings their transfer record in mendy to cover for kante, and a pacey striker in musa, god knows where they will finish though, hopefully not gate crashing the top 4 this time to make it even harder. What I think is hardest, is to pick a winner especially after last time.

Last edited by Torres65; 16/07/16 08:45 AM.
H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Originally Posted By Mr Bojangles
Top 6 and bottom 3

1. Man city
2. Man utd
3. Arsenal
4. Chelsea
5. Spurs
6. Liverpool

18. Bournemouth
19. Burnley
20. Hull

Well for me our target each and every season has to be the title, a club like Liverpool must always have that as an expectation, and never be content with an acceptance of mediocrity as would be evidenced with expecting a 6th or 7th place. However in the spirit of the op and comparing our squad and our new signings with those of our competitors, one has to say we're up against it to challenge next season. It seems like we're stuck in a policy experiment that will repeat itself year on year with little or no progression. Can Klopp work some kind of magic and ramrod his way through much more technically proficient sides and challenge? We can hope, but we can't be confident.
It's folly to predict outcomes at this point as we haven't seen the new lads perform in a competitive game yet nor have we seen the effects of Klopp's preseason and conditioning yet. However as things currently stand your predictions look reasonable. I would add a West Ham as a potential challenger for that 6th spot too, so who knows?

P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
I think we will push for 4th and get into top 4 if!!! Sturridge stays fit

I am thinking off it like this. Klopp came in and in the 2nd half of last season we go to 2 cup finals and did not too bad. The league was not in our minds in the latter stages of the euro cup

The glaring problem last season was defence and goalkeeper. Our defence was a hell of a lot better in the second half of the season. We have brought in a new keeper who will hopefully replace migs. We also have Sakho and Lovern and as much as anyone wants to give out about them they did well in the second half of the season and this pairing will be a year wiser now to. And they now have whats looks like a very good defender coming into challenge them.

We also have mane who I did not know a lot about but even looking at him in preseason I can see that this guy will be decent. Every time he gets the ball he has one thing on his mind and that is to go forward. He will score goals there is no doubt about that.

We will have competition for Moreno and we will have another midfielder coming in. There is no wholesale changes there, so we should in theory have a team that knows itself at least

Last edited by paul66; 16/07/16 11:54 AM.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
I think we will surprise this season with no midweek distractions but I still think we will miss out on top prize.

City
Arsenal
Liverpool
Chelsea
Tottenham
Utd

Hull
Sunderland
Middlesboro

Back to Back World Champions baby!
T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
I won't look forward to watching liverpool next season unless we have a set piece taker, b we can win the ball back higher up the field more often, c we have a main striker or main goalscorers who can score goals for us in tandem with not conceding from few shots on target against like we have this season even when we've had a main goalscorer, d we have a keeper who makes fewer mistakes and hopefully makes more saves.

karius, matip, mane. we might have helped achieve 2 of those 4 things so far, though not completely. I don't expect us to achieve c with ease it's the hardest problem to change as it's the midfield and everything with that, but we could at least get a good offensive set piece taker in it's surely a freebie way of showing improvement, as long as they are good enough all round not just over a dead ball. then again how many set plays free kicks and corners are we going to win, I personally don't remember too many.

I'm frankly more interested in whether man utd can not find it as difficult to score goals next season if we don't sign another CM though.

Last edited by Torres65; 16/07/16 12:38 PM.
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
4. Liverpool

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
too early to tell, big signings still to be made.. got a feeling for chelsea under conte but city of course be up there.. interesting to see how mourinho does, he had a complete meltdown and may never get over that tho he seems to be spending wisely.. had to pick right now chelsea with kante.

P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
Originally Posted By EMP
too early to tell, big signings still to be made.. got a feeling for chelsea under conte but city of course be up there.. interesting to see how mourinho does, he had a complete meltdown and may never get over that tho he seems to be spending wisely.. had to pick right now chelsea with kante.

He is just chucking money around, not really spending wisely sure I could do that. But they have massive income so they can do that.

I don't think there is going to be any big! signing from here on in. I think we will probably sign Chiwell and Zielenski is gone so it Allen will now probably stay and a cover for Gomez and I think that will be it

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion