Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Originally Posted By WNP
To be fair, we could use origi as our RW option, with Higuain up top competing with Sturridge and Ings for the striker spot.

Then we just need the LB and CM and I think we'd be alright
i was thinking the same. i would play origi instead of lalana

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By *** Suso ***
Originally Posted By WNP
To be fair, we could use origi as our RW option, with Higuain up top competing with Sturridge and Ings for the striker spot.

Playing players out of position doesn't really work, this was one of Rodgers major mistakes. Origi has impressed playing upfront as a centre forward, we need to play a winger on the RW, having Origi running up and down the wing is not the solution.

We would be better selling Origi and using the money to buy a winger to do the job, not that I want to sell Origi, he has the potential become a very good forward so I would keep him, I would rather we sell Benteke and use the money to buy a winger.

Last edited by ecnirp98; 30/05/16 06:35 PM.
T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Originally Posted By *** Suso ***
Originally Posted By WNP

Playing players out of position doesn't really work, this was one of Rodgers major mistakes. Origi has impressed playing upfront as a centre forward, we need to play a winger on the RW, having Origi running up and down the wing is not the solution.

We would be better selling Origi and using the money to buy a winger to do the job, not that I want to sell Origi, he has the potential become a very good forward so I would keep him, I would rather we sell Benteke and use the money to buy a winger.

while I agree origi is more suitable to the role as a lonestriker as he likes to get in behind defences (and he has more understanding of that position), I don't see why it's not worth at least one run out as a right inside forward, as it's a way of getting him into the same side if we played another striker. it's not that genius to play forwards in wing positions, kuyt, babel, and benayoun (I know benayoun isn't a forward but he wasn't half bad on the right of attack) but you have to have the confidence in the teams pressing and defensive game, well not just the confidence the execution, as I've said before on the koptalk site, we know our side of 08/09 wasn't defensively the best despite all its attacking brilliance through the team. we want our outside players to be able to score goals but we also want them to track back, so ideally I'd want us to play with 2 wingers than 1 winger and 1 forward or 2 forwards, (however I don't mind any combination as long as it works), then we could employ the 4141 which bayern use very successfully.

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
I don't think we'd get higuain, and yes I am partly doubting his ability though. however it would be interesting to see what he could do in a better side than napoli, he could do really well. I'd rather we went for griezmann if had to sign a big name, big money striker, but as I've said I'd doubt we'd get him even if fsg and klopp threw a similar sum.

P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
why do people even discuss this crap. The story is obviously made up. And as someone else already stated he is no Shane Long

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Torres65
I don't think we'd get higuain, and yes I am partly doubting his ability though. however it would be interesting to see what he could do in a better side than napoli, he could do really well. I'd rather we went for griezmann if had to sign a big name, big money striker, but as I've said I'd doubt we'd get him even if fsg and klopp threw a similar sum.

I get your point about giving Origi a go on the wing to try him, but I think we are best playing players in the position we purchased them for (presumably we liked what we saw in their normal position), very rarely do players switch position successfully, players like Kuyt always looked makeshift, he could do a job, but most international right sided wingers were more effective, but Kuyt was a player who would give his all for the team, so he did ok.

Higuaín played 7 years at Real Madrid and scored 107 goals in 190 games (he didn't always play as he rotated with Benzema and Raul usually played), so I don't think he has anything to prove, he's a top striker and would do well for us in the PL, he is strong and has done it in top leagues (Italy and Spain), I just don't think he'd join a none CL team and his transfer fee/wages would be huge, so although I would love him to join, I do not see it happening.

Let's just settle on us buying Aubameyang and Griezmann smile in reality I think striker is not a major problem for us, we need midfield and LB sorting as a priority (presuming Sakho will play next season), we only need a striker if we sell Benteke or Sturridge, Origi and Ings are good enough as cover for Sturridge.

Last edited by ecnirp98; 30/05/16 09:30 PM.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Higuain has a buy out close of 90m Euros(70m pounds?). This aint happening folks. I also prefer Aubamayeng who is younger and more dynamic but both are dream signings that will never happen.

Last edited by Snakeye; 31/05/16 03:19 AM.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C
I don't think we'd get higuain, and yes I am partly doubting his ability though. however it would be interesting to see what he could do in a better side than napoli, he could do really well.

Like Real Madrid??? 107 goals in 190 games.

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
Originally Posted By Chris2402
I don't think we'd get higuain, and yes I am partly doubting his ability though. however it would be interesting to see what he could do in a better side than napoli, he could do really well.

we are in the present right? it would be interesting to see if he could do that again, in which case I won't be surprised if he lands a move to man utd this summer and josé brings him in. the unreliable daily star reckons he favours coming to liverpool though you'll be glad to know http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footbal...p-transfer-news

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Chris2402

we are in the present right? it would be interesting to see if he could do that again, in which case I won't be surprised if he lands a move to man utd this summer and josé brings him in. the unreliable daily star reckons he favours coming to liverpool though you'll be glad to know http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footbal...p-transfer-news

Will help push his wages up in negotiations at Man Ure.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion