KopTalk

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Almost as bad as our dismal end of term performance against the mighty Stoke last May.
These itter lazy tw4ts are paid MILLION every year for that shyte too! shocked

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Originally Posted By van Gogh
We have debated this to death long before you joined here mate.

I think it was Sixties who invented the concept of TCP.

Spangles (under his previous name Ford Focus) debated that the label World Class could only be assigned to a TCP playing in the right team, achieving big things like winning the World Cup, CL or PL.

I happen to think that TCP is a perfect way of describing a player good enough to walk into any club's starting XI.

As it stands now we have no TCP at LFC. We had Suarez and at an earlier stage Gerrard, Alonzo and maybe Mascherano.

Coutinho, who probably is our best player atm, has never been at that level. Too inconsistent and too ineffective with his repetitive out of bounds shooting.

Can, Firmino and Origi (along with Coutinho) might be the 4 players in our current squad who have the highest probability of getting to a level we can label "good enough" to take LFC to a level where we can start to challenge for the PL title and maybe even CL title.

What we need this summer is no more players in the hopefuls category. We need better ready made ones, who have achieved that level.

If we don't go out and sign 3-4 such players I fail to see how we could put together a team with the ability to consistently play and win games against top 4 teams in PL and in Europe.

As it is now we are struggling far too often - today even against Swansea, who we should beat easily - even with our second string unit on the pitch.

+ 1 (couldn't have said it better if I tried till I died!)

C
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
C
Klopp has been speaking highly of the squad in the media which should inspire the players to perform well, even if they are not so talented.
However the spin seems to have had the opposite effect and the dross seem to think they are world beaters and don't have to try hard to achieve anything.

Inspiration only works on on a regular basis if the individuals have the character and desire to respond and a lot of the players don't have the courage or the application to put in a decent 90 minutes of effort.

I would bet that for the whole game against Swansea that Jurgen Klopp was thinking that a lot of the players are weak as pizz and have disrespected him by not trying and deserve to be booted.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
It's probably a good reminder of the work that Klopp needs to do in the summer if a reminder was needed.

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
I think a lot of them were trying, but if the team isn't playing well overall, then it's unlikely, not impossible, we're going to have individual great performances, and certainly a few bad performances (brad smith etc).

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
Originally Posted By lumba
It's probably a good reminder of the work that Klopp needs to do in the summer if a reminder was needed.

I think it's more of a reminder of the league klopp is in, and to take it completely seriously

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
If you mean playing a stronger team against the Swans with a semi around the corner then I disagree .

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
no I know lumba that would be madness, this league is crazy, at least the 2nd most competitive in the world, or joint 1st, we play much of a 2nd team against stoke win 4-1, a team with a slightly weaker spine but a lot of the same players then faced swansea away and swansea create no end of chances. I'm more making that comment at face value than implying anything, saying we can't take anything for granted

Last edited by Torres65; 02/05/16 10:17 AM.
C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C
We were shocking against Swansea, it was a thoroughly deserved defeat.

Chirivella showed he wasn't good enough and was rightly substituted after 45mins. Kevin Stewart looked poor in the first half but improved once he had Lucas next to him.

Benteke did more in 45 mins than Sturridge did in 90, I don't know if Coutinho was ill again but he offered nothing in the first half.

I don't want to be too critical of Skrtel because he's been a decent player for us for a long time now but I'll be very surprised if he doesn't move on this Summer, him and Lovren were very poor.

Ibe was again useless, I think he's lazy to be honest and once he gets the ball he just runs with his head down into the corners.

Overall a very bad day at the office but we all know our season rests on Thursday!

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion