You guys need to build a wall and get the French to pay for it

Kano #530501 10/04/16 07:32 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Kano
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Out for me complete no brainer

Why Stan?

The main reason is democracy I want to be ruled by MP,s we can vote in or out not be ruled by a foreign committee of which I have no influence. All the arguments about the economy are a smokescreen and irrelevant either way no one can predict our economy from one week to the next never mind how we will do in or out the EU. So it's democracy really that and being able to decide who comes in and out of the country.

Last edited by Stanley Park; 10/04/16 07:33 PM.

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
well theoretically you vote for representatives in Brussels too, I say theoretically cause democracy is a joke really, how many people voted to start an illegal war and kill umpteen thousands of people based on what everyone knew was pure [oops]

EMP #530596 11/04/16 07:28 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EMP
well theoretically you vote for representatives in Brussels too, I say theoretically cause democracy is a joke really, how many people voted to start an illegal war and kill umpteen thousands of people based on what everyone knew was pure [oops]

That's technically true but how many can name their MEP ? Also remember they are only 1/28th on a committee. Whereas one in the UK where we to pull out its 100% as for not wanting democracy that's not worth further comment

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Especially since nobody mentioned not wanting democracy.

Kano #530626 12/04/16 02:36 AM
F
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
F
in for me for what the EU has done for the regeneration of the liverpool city region IE liverpool one, the echo arena and convention centre , liverpool cruise terminal , albert dock to name a few things plus many more infrastructure funding IE seaforth docks etc etc .

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By fazakerley red 1
in for me for what the EU has done for the regeneration of the liverpool city region IE liverpool one, the echo arena and convention centre , liverpool cruise terminal , albert dock to name a few things plus many more infrastructure funding IE seaforth docks etc etc .

For every £3 we put into the EU we get £2 back they don't give us money faz we are a net contributor were we not in the EU there would be no need for council cut backs of which there are many in Liverpool

F
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
F
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Originally Posted By fazakerley red 1

For every £3 we put into the EU we get £2 back they don't give us money faz we are a net contributor were we not in the EU there would be no need for council cut backs of which there are many in Liverpool
no
london government would have backed the city region like the EU has , labour or tory that money like everything goes to the south east , and sorry my friend dont blame the EU for cutting council funding please dont , i know your a tory and you have your belief but dont try to blame europe when its clearly the UK government doing it and wanting to do .

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Whether we are Tory or labour faz does not change the fact we send huge amounts of money to the EU they spend most of it in Europe and give some back to us. Were we not to do that there would be more money to spend in the UK that's obvious. As for the government not spending in the north well there is the biggest investment since Victorian times the northern Hub the transport connections electrification of the railways the new mersey bridge at Runcorn so that daft theory goes out the window. If you want to believe we are better in the EU because the EU gives money to Liverpool out of the goodness of its heart and from this big money pot they own and we don't pay into then I can't stop you believing in that but look around you and do some research you might get a surprise. And finally the idea the Tories want to leave the EU and labour stay in is fanciful did the Tories not just spend £9m of taxpayers money sending leaflets telling us to vote to stay if you hate the Tories by default then voting out seems the best option clearly

Last edited by Stanley Park; 12/04/16 12:01 PM.

Kano #530658 12/04/16 12:18 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
If we leave the EU, will we not still have to pay in some way as Norway do (I'm sure I read that they pay 80% of the membership fee for favourable trading costs?)?

For me, I don't know enough either way to say whether I want to stay or go and there in lies the problem. We're leaving a major decision that may or may not have a massive effect on the country to an ill advised public that's being bombarded with propaganda from both sides. You've also got the idiots who'll do the protest vote just to try and spite the government. Very dangerous for me all this.

Page 2 of 66 1 2 3 4 65 66

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion