Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
I keep hearing from the optimist s how Liverpool are going to rise to the top again under FSG.

Normally accompanied by phrases such as I have faith that........

I am happy to be open minded about about this. But could one of you gve a credible scenario about how we could catch these teams up and overtake them bearing in mind they are unlikely to stand still and at the moment have overwhelming advantages over us such as stronger squads more financial resources bigger stadiums and are playing champions league football with all the revenue that entails.

I keep hearing financial fair play but I don't want to worry you but Chelsea and city have a similar turnover to ours and are moving ahead and arsenal are well ahead. United are double our turnover.

So over to you chaps I await with interest

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
I don't know about the plan but what do you think about ticket prices at Anfield Stan ?

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
They should put them up so we can afford to keep up with united laugh. If we double it we would be minted.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Hold, on...let's stick to the topic.

Ok, I'll come back after dinner and explain my views.

Sign Reus
FSG would sell up if the price suited, they have no interest in doing anything significant with LFC, if they did it would have happened by now.

We could have worse owners in fairness, FSG are just out of their depth.

"Romance has broke down
This boy is crack'in up"

So not a moderator

Valar Morghulis
M
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
M
Originally Posted By: Stanley Park
I keep hearing from the optimist s how Liverpool are going to rise to the top again under FSG.

Normally accompanied by phrases such as I have faith that........

I am happy to be open minded about about this. But could one of you gve a credible scenario about how we could catch these teams up and overtake them bearing in mind they are unlikely to stand still and at the moment have overwhelming advantages over us such as stronger squads more financial resources bigger stadiums and are playing champions league football with all the revenue that entails.

I keep hearing financial fair play but I don't want to worry you but Chelsea and city have a similar turnover to ours and are moving ahead and arsenal are well ahead. United are double our turnover.

So over to you chaps I await with interest
stanley, you have no chance of getting back anything sensible off these blind faithers mate...

Last edited by Mick Eire; 05/08/13 08:12 PM.
that best you can come up with sleep sleep

"Romance has broke down
This boy is crack'in up"

So not a moderator

Valar Morghulis
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
I will start will this statement.

I don't know if FSG are the right owners to take us back to where we all want to be.

I do however agree with a lot of the things they are doing, for a start they tried to give KD the funds to get us back into the CL in one season. If that had of worked I'm sure we would not have gone on to start the cost cutting exercise that has followed.

But we fail to make the CL. So they made a decision to hire a young manager that is highly thought of and that plays attractive exciting football, He has a plan of how he wants to play football and what he needs to do to make us compete again. We now have in place a young squad full of quality that can grow together, add a few first team ready players and we will have a very good squad.

FSG have appointed new commercial directors which has led to us getting the best sponsorship deals we have ever agreed, the club is growing in this area at the fastest rate ever.

They are in the brink of announcing the regeneration of Anfield which I know some people are disappointed about because they would be in favour of a new stadium. This will increase our match day revenues to about the same as Arsenal's

They have also hired a good network of scouts that are looking for the correct players the manager needs and of the quality that Liverpool need. This is the first time I can remember that we seem to know what we and need, instead of buying players just for the sake of it.

We no longer get take to the cleaners when buying players,which was probably one of the most destructive we ever done. (paying way to much in transfer fees and wages)

We won't really know if this is another false dawn until we see it through until the end. But I for one am willing to give them a chance as they have very good track record with the red socks.

M
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
M
Originally Posted By: wakka
just waiting to see what the blind faithers come back with regarding how are are going to overtake the Clubs stanley mentiones, somehow I dont think this Y.N.W.A. rubbish wont wash in this case...

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By: Mick Eire
Originally Posted By: wakka
just waiting to see what the blind faithers come back with regarding how are are going to overtake the Clubs stanley mentiones, somehow I dont think this Y.N.W.A. rubbish wont wash in this case...

So in other words, you think it holds water.

Sign Reus
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion