Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
B
Originally Posted By: BarLennon
Originally Posted By: heggypompom
who gives a dam about winning the carling cup on penalties against a championship team that deserve to beat us in normal time

We should be ashamed of this not celebrating the fact.

Can't believe what nonsense I'm reading.

Does winning the Carling Cup mean that our season was an outstanding success? No. Nobody here is saying or even implying that. But for f*cksake it's a trophy! Have you also forgotten than we won away to Chelsea, Man City and Stoke on the way to getting to the final?

Ashamed of winning a trophy. F*cking pathetic comment to make.

With you there mate! I think we are on different sides of the fence with regards to dalglish but f*cking hell how is winning a trophy not a positive? It's called WINNING. It's probably the least important trophy granted, but only one team can win it every year and this year it was us! That is a positive in a season of negatives.

Bar Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By: bigredkop
who gives a dam about winning the carling cup on penalties against a championship team that deserve to beat us in normal time

Does winning the Carling Cup mean that our season was an outstanding success? No. Nobody here is saying or even implying that. But for f*cksake it's a trophy! Have you also forgotten than we won away to Chelsea, Man City and Stoke on the way to getting to the final?

With you there mate! I think we are on different sides of the fence with regards to dalglish but f*cking hell how is winning a trophy not a positive? It's called WINNING. It's probably the least important trophy granted, but only one team can win it every year and this year it was us! That is a positive in a season of negatives.

Exactly. Suggesting that it's a cup not worth winning and all of the other nonsense written about it is just childish, and are the acts of people feelings sorry for themselves, to be fair.

As for being on different sides of the fence about Dalglish, I wouldn't say that. I stick up for Dalglish a lot, but it's mostly to do with the uncalled-for personal comments that certain people make towards him. That sh*t isn't right in my eyes, and I don't like to see it. I've said all along that I'm split as to whether I want him to stay or not. I would love nothing more than to see Kenny succeed with us, but I'm not convinced he can. I'll support whatever decision the owners make regarding him.

I don't agree with the suggestions of him going into a DoF role. I think that if he departs as manager then he should be away from the first team altogether. Also, if he goes, it had better be for a decent replacement with the long term in mind and not another Roy Hodgson-esque stopgap. No point getting rid of a manager for the sake of it without having someone decent to bring in in place.

*RODGERS *SKRTEL *JONJO

'Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?'
'If there is hope, it lies in the proles'
B
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
B
Originally Posted By: bigredkop

Exactly. Suggesting that it's a cup not worth winning and all of the other nonsense written about it is just childish, and are the acts of people feelings sorry for themselves, to be fair.

As for being on different sides of the fence about Dalglish, I wouldn't say that. I stick up for Dalglish a lot, but it's mostly to do with the uncalled-for personal comments that certain people make towards him. That sh*t isn't right in my eyes, and I don't like to see it. I've said all along that I'm split as to whether I want him to stay or not. I would love nothing more than to see Kenny succeed with us, but I'm not convinced he can. I'll support whatever decision the owners make regarding him.

I don't agree with the suggestions of him going into a DoF role. I think that if he departs as manager then he should be away from the first team altogether. Also, if he goes, it had better be for a decent replacement with the long term in mind and not another Roy Hodgson-esque stopgap. No point getting rid of a manager for the sake of it without having someone decent to bring in in place.

Very sound logic. I'm fairly convinced Kenny can't do it though myself. But that certainly isn't beyond debate as he still might turn it all around. Fully agree about people getting personal though. Also completely agree on the replacement. I want to stay clear of people like martinez.

J
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
J
The negativity on this forum never ceases to amaze me.

If winning the carling cup isn't a positive for you then I suggest you turn your back on football. Or go and support man city where you glory hunters belong

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By: Jammer
The negativity on this forum never ceases to amaze me.

If winning the carling cup isn't a positive for you then I suggest you turn your back on football. Or go and support man city where you glory hunters belong

At the start of this season if you said we would finish 8th and win the carling cup you would be accused of being negative. Almost everyone said minimum 4th place and some even thought we would win the league. Myself I thought 5th but with luck we might get 4th. It has been a disaster of a season and no window dressing can change that.

Last edited by Stanley Park; 14/05/12 02:18 AM.

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
seeing agger play for most of the season

H
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
H
yes Jammer We all will follow you then

I will listen, only if your answer contains wisdom

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion