Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
I
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
I
Originally Posted By: TheMightyLFC
Originally Posted By: ianrush81
Whose actualy bothered wether United win the League or not,if they win it then they deserve to win it and good luck to them, personaly am not bothered if United win 30 Leagues, the killer League was number 19 which overtook us any more are irrelevent now and wont hurt me as much.

I understand in one sense, but surely you don't want our rivals to get too far ahead of us?

I also take issue with the statement that 'if they win it then they deserve to win it'. Normally I'd agree but this season just too many important refereeing decisions have gone their way. And I don't subsribe to the view that it evens out over a season.
just think it's all about getting our own house in order, thing is people wanting another team to lose because your own team is sh!te is something we have accused the toffee's of dong for years when they always wanted us to get beat regardless, now we are doing the same.
I just think whoever wins the league deserves to because the League sorts the the good, the bad and the ugly out over 9 months, yes you may get decisions against you during the course but you will also get them for you too.
The best way to stop teams like United going further away or teams like Arsenal e.t.c. catching you up is to do something about it yourself and not rely on others to do you a favour.

Last edited by ianrush81; 22/04/12 03:01 PM.
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Everton ( abit like lfc of late) are a good team when their backs are against the wall, normally i would fancy them to do well, but i think all is not well in the moyes camps and the end of season fatigue has already started to set in at everton so I reckon manure 3-0 winners

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
Originally Posted By: ianrush81
I just think it's all about getting our own house in order, thing is people wanting another team to lose because your own team is
sh!te is something we have accused the toffee's of dong for years when they always wanted us to get beat regardless, now we are doing the same.
I just think whoever wins the league deserves to because the League sorts the the good, the bad and the ugly out over 9 months, yes you may get decisions against you during the course but you will also get them for you too.
The best way to stop teams like United going further away or teams like Arsenal e.t.c. catching you up is to do something about it yourself and not rely on others to do you a favour.

Yes, the priority is to get one's own house in order and to win the thing ourselves. But nothing lasts for ever and it was always likely that we'd hit hard times. There's also no guarantee that we'll get back to the top. (and United will fall from the top one day too.)

So whilst we're not at the top it's only natural that we don't want our rivals to be there either isn't it? Surely it's just harmless, normal football rivalry. I wouldn't lose any sleep if United won the league but I'd feel a bit better if they didn't. wouldn't you?

If you still disagree, maybe just think of it as wanting our city brothers to win smile

Of course the league positions generally reflect performance over the season. But when the difference between teams is just a few points it means that they're as good or bad as each other, and things like luck or dodgy decisions will be the deciding factor as to which team finishes higher than the other. In this respect, I suspect that most people have accepted that United have had some critically decisive help from the refs this season.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
the only shock this season is mancini thinking he has done a great job. out of champs league on first hurdle,no trophies and totally bottling what should have been an easy title.

utd will hammer everton and probably beat city in their place too.

Bar Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
I'm hoping for a draw in this one. 2 dropped points by both teams will be enough to put winning the title into City's hands again, and also to put finishing above Everton into our hands again.

*RODGERS *SKRTEL *JONJO

'Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?'
'If there is hope, it lies in the proles'
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Originally Posted By: kennymuststay
the only shock this season is mancini thinking he has done a great job. out of champs league on first hurdle,no trophies and totally bottling what should have been an easy title.

utd will hammer everton and probably beat city in their place too.

Think that's a tad harsh. He hasn't done much wrong in the league. What he seems to have consistently shown though is that he doesn't factor in a players mental make-up when purchasing nor does he appear to be able to man mange his prima-donnas.

I have no doubt that if he would have handled Tevez correctly they would have it in the bag already.

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington
E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
don't think its harsh at all myself.
he is a rubbish manager.buying balotelli for a start, and that savic fella.
he has a awful champs league record for a suppossed top manager. if city really want to rule the footy world then they have to boot that fella to the curb.

H
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
H
Originally Posted By: BarLennon
I'm hoping for a draw in this one. 2 dropped points by both teams will be enough to put winning the title into City's hands again, and also to put finishing above Everton into our hands again.

As opposed to finshing 8th then

still far from being good enough IMO

I will listen, only if your answer contains wisdom

Bar Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By: heggypompom
Originally Posted By: BarLennon

As opposed to finshing 8th then

still far from being good enough IMO

Did I say 7th would be good enough?? Are you trying to say finishing below or above Everton holds no value to LFC fans?

*RODGERS *SKRTEL *JONJO

Bar Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
1-0 Everton - Fergie does NOT look happy!! laugh

*RODGERS *SKRTEL *JONJO

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion